Mage Question

secret mage trick: use shatter for critz

Is that really a secret? I mean all you have to do is read the spell description.

I couldn't find anything about how to shatter properly in your mage guide so I figured this was a huge secret, forgive me.

You've gotta be kidding me

Frost Nova gives crit If you are in a 1v1 situation, even if they are a caster and aren’t running away, use Frost Nova on them. You are almost guaranteed a crit on them with shatter while they are frozen, so follow it up with one of your harder hitting spells.

Either you didn't read my mage guide or you are proof of Vianco saying EU can't read english.

Also, inb4 "you just edited that into your guide" go look at my guide it says "Last edited by Stealthcnt; 01-19-2013 at 12:04 PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
You've gotta be kidding me

Either you didn't read my mage guide or you are proof of Vianco saying EU can't read english.

Also, inb4 "you just edited that into your guide" go look at my guide it says "Last edited by Stealthcnt; 01-19-2013 at 12:04 PM.
Why would I accuse you of lying and editing that in? I read your guide.

Your hardest hitting spell with 6 stacks would be Arcane Barrage, so you just cast that and that's your shatter?

Why would I accuse you of lying and editing that in? I read your guide.

Your hardest hitting spell with 6 stacks would be Arcane Barrage, so you just cast that and that's your shatter?

My point is that
I couldn't find anything about how to shatter properly in your mage guide so I figured this was a huge secret, forgive me.
is a lie. I talk about shatter in my guide when you claimed you couldn't find it.

You missed the part about "properly".

Can you elaborate on how I didn't "properly" address the benefit of shatter from using frost nova?

Can you elaborate on how I didn't "properly" address the benefit of shatter from using frost nova?
By saying that you should just throw your Arcane Barrage into the nova. That's not how you benefit the most from a shatter.

If you didn't mean that with your explanation then I am sorry that I missunderstood you.

The 7 int will give you crit, which is better than the 15 sp, as you get some sp from the 7 int, but this is all before DRs, so I'd say that +15 sp is your best bet

By saying that you should just throw your Arcane Barrage into the nova. That's not how you benefit the most from a shatter.

If you didn't mean that with your explanation then I am sorry that I missunderstood you.

The reason why I said your hardest hitting spell instead of Arcane Barrage is because what if say you don't have arcane charges up. They are low on health, you get the frost nova off. At 0 Arcane charges your hardest hitting spell is Frostfire bolt. It hits harder than Arcane Blast or Arcane Barrage.

I never said that you would be at 6 arcane charges and you won't always be. Frostfire bolt hits harder at lower or no stacks.

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason why I said your hardest hitting spell instead of Arcane Barrage is because what if say you don't have arcane charges up. They are low on health, you get the frost nova off. At 0 Arcane charges your hardest hitting spell is Frostfire bolt. It hits harder than Arcane Blast or Arcane Barrage.I never said that you would be at 6 arcane charges and you won't always be. Frostfire bolt hits harder at lower or no stacks.
You still dont get it, by properly he means ffb into arc barrage in a nova. I havent read your entire mage guide, so if you wrote this I apoligize

You still dont get it, by properly he means ffb into arc barrage in a nova. I havent read your entire mage guide, so if you wrote this I apoligize

I don't think that's what he means. He was talking about being at 6 arcane charges and using Arcane Barrage. My point is that if you aren't at 6 arcane charges Arcane Blast and Arcane Barrage won't be your hardest hitting spells, Frostfire bolt will be which is why I said "follow it up with one of your harder hitting spells".

Also, I almost always follow Frostfire bolt with an arcane barrage even without nova because they both shoot through the air and deal damage at the same time. The only time I don't do this is when I have Arcane Charges and don't want to lose them.

Users who are viewing this thread