Looking for some good PVE mages to copy

Kitemare

Legend
So for shits and giggles I have been tricking out my level 70 mage in BT/Funwell gear, but not really sure what I should do for spec/enchants/gems. I was hoping to keep everything pre wrath, if possible. Know any good mages I can armory? Thanks!

I've used Chardev once or twice, not really sure how this helps me with finding a 70 raiding mage's spec/gear to copy.

how does playing on chardev automatically make him know which gear and spec is good for a mage?

May I suggest sending a PM to the person on Twinkinfo known as "Rxr" ? I'm sure he can direct you to a level 70 mage that is pimped out for PvE :)

Heeljoo said:
By me completely misunderstanding his post.

Though gearwise it could sort of help, it lets you choose from all the available gear.

yea but there's so much gear from tier to offset, etc. i just dont see a beginner mage being able to discern BiS gear and spec. he is free to mess around with all the gear and make what ever combo of gear/spec he chooses, but it might not be what he's really lookin for; then again he might find something more enjoyable than BiS spec through experimentation.

certainly wouldnt be gorefiend.....

hows it worthless? gimmick fight or not it still shows the potential of a mage.

Grimthunder said:
As far as specs go Arcane is probably at the top for 70 since Fire is unable to pick up Torment the Weak. I'd go like this for PvE Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft.

Chardev: Example character planner . haste arcane - chardev.org

With 50% haste you'll be casting AB in around 1.68 seconds so you'll be hitting the 4 stack very quickly. Self buffed 4 stack Arcane Blasts will crit around 8.5K according to my math.

I`ve got a 70 twink mage arcane spec. With around 1300 spell power unbuffed and Glyph of Arcane Blast with trinket and AP you can see 11.5k AB crits at 70. 8.5k is very low and will be reachable with no buffs in poor gear. Factor in BiS gear I would think raid buffed you could see 13k AB crits in a none-gimmick fight.

Solohero said:
I`ve got a 70 twink mage arcane spec. With around 1300 spell power unbuffed and Glyph of Arcane Blast with trinket and AP you can see 11.5k AB crits at 70. 8.5k is very low and will be reachable with no buffs in poor gear. Factor in BiS gear I would think raid buffed you could see 13k AB crits in a none-gimmick fight.

The spellpower formula on Wowhead must be outdated, I always come up extremely low on spell damage while the rest of my crap is usually right.

My mages Arcane blasts hit for 13k self buffed o_O 17-18k buffed. i just spam arcane blasts on most bosses thoe + im Tailoring for that sick Cloak Enchant =D

Thats like the amount of dps Iceccyou does on Most Fights cept Illidari council and Twins because he mage tanks with 21k hp o_O

Users who are viewing this thread