Looking for priest talent spec and glyphs

So after playing a long time on my lvl 19 rogue I though about making a lvl 29 twink to switch a bit between them. After a bit of thinking I decided to make a priest.

Made the following gear list looking at the two post about lvl 29 priest twinks on this forum (Twink Priest, Advice Please? and 29 Priest).:

Head: Spellpower Goggles Xtreme +150mana

Neck: Crystal Starfire Medallion

Shoulders: Tattered Dreadmist Mantle +30stam +15res (already got these)

Cloak: Battle Healer's Cloak +5 resist all

Chest: Robes of Arugal +100hp

Bracers: Gallan cuffs +15spell power

Gloves: Shredder operating Gloves +16spell power (don't know if this enchant is available on my server if not then +10haste rating it is)

Belt: Defiler's Cloth Girdle

Legs: Azure Silk Pants +35spell power +20stam

Boots: Defiler's Cloth Boots +7stam

Ring: Deadman's Hand

Ring: Advisor's Ring

Trinket: Insignia of the Horde

Trinket: Discerning Eye of the Beast since AGM is almost unobtainable on my server with always a lot of 80's around even at 3 and 6AM.

Weapon: Skullbreaker +40spell power

Offhand: Orb of Mistmantle/Omega Orb

And also going to get Wind Spirit Staff +20 spirit for regen.

Now my question is: what would be a good spec to use? I see a lot of comment of disc priest being very good but haven't seen a single spec. The other question is: what would be good glyphs to use with the gear?

And are there any other options I might use as a weapon to switch I already chose the wind spirit staff for regen but would there also be another useful item.

@Spooksters: Those gloves are really nice indeed will see if I can get my hands on those and then see which one I will use looking at my overall gear.

@Natutaltalnt: It would be for a healing disc priest. But like I said I don't really know what spec to use. I was thinking of something like this 18/2/0 but I am not sure if that would be the best spec around.

Noticed I also forgot to mention which wand I will be using.

I have two chooses the first is Banshee Rod of the Sun and the second one is Dancing Flame. I think I will be switching between them depending on whether I am healing of shooting someone down.

Also got Serpent Gloves I think those are actually better than those Truefaith Gloves since you trade 1spell power for 3int. But just looking at wowhead now and it would also be possible to get Vital Handwraps of healing which gives 12-13 spell power but those are unfarmable so it will depend on luck whether I can find them on the AH.

Mmm, Serpent Gloves do seem to be a better choice over the Truefaith. If you would rather not farm WC for the serpent gloves - there is a quest that gives you the same stats, but with two more armor! :O

Jutebraid Glove - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=10654

But if you do get lucky enough to find those level 29 Vital Handwraps of Healing - then i would go with them (Or possibly even Gloves of Old http://www.wowhead.com/?item=9395#comments )

The stats on Gloves of Old are fairly decent, nice spirit for regen - and if you can get 16 Spell Power on them, or even 10 haste they might be a good choice

29 green gloves of +13 healing with 9/9 pants of the eagle is probably best. when compared to goblin shredder + azure pants, you get 4 stam and 3 sp, but sacrafice 3 int. good trade off imo.

jutebraid and 9/9 pants, when compared to goblin shredder and azure pants, gives you 3 int and 4 stam, but you sacrafice 3 sp.

jutebraid / 13 sp gloves is a trade off between 6 sp and 6 int. personally i like the int, all up to playstyle though.

Well I already got the Serpent Gloves. So I won't be going for the jutebraids. But I think I will keep my eye's open for those 9/9eagle pants. And of course for the +13sp gloves.

And while looking on the AH I spotted Scroll of Enchant Gloves - Healing Power bought those so I am now certain I will not be going for the +10 haste enchant. But won't be using it till I am sure what gloves I am going to use.

Users who are viewing this thread