Long post. BFA only. No Shadowlands. No Dragonflight

KngConan

Veteran
Thought id post this here after receiving some clarification from a fellow member.

First im a part time player. Im lucky to get on a couple to a few times a week if that. Still love WoW but time is a crunch factor sometimes. But i do love to run some BGs, Dungeons, quest. No interest in raiding otlr hardcore pvp.

I recently posted that my last expansion purchased was BFA. No Shadowlands. No Dragonflight. With that in mind, i thought id just max gear my toon(s) over time and run a few dungeons. Maybe BGs, whilestaying capped at 50. So i could log on, do a few things, then get off w/o having to grind anything for gear etc.

Unbeknownst to me, that as i was doing a few mino things, i was gaining XP. Weird since we are currently in Dragonflight but my last expansion was BFA. Fellow member Conzil pointed out to me, that Shadowlands was the base game w/o purchase and free. So in essence, im in the Shadowlands expansion regardless and my only recourse to stay at 50 would be to turn off my XP. Not a big issue but i was hoping to stay capped at 50, thinking id remain in general population at 50 for BGs. So XP-off it is. I have zero interest in grinding to 60 or repeat it again once War Within releases. And i just found a group to run me through all those mythic BFA raids also. Darn it

Again, thanks to Conzil for the clarification.

Sadly the mid to high level twink game is kinda scuffed right now. Even if you get full mythic Nyalotha gear at 50 you will probably end up getting outdamaged by lvl 10-20s in heirloom blues while in dungeons because of the scaling. The azerite gear , HoA, and legendary cloak will give you somewhat of a power boost but I don't think it's enough. I don't think blizz ever updated the horrific vision rewards to the new ilvl scale yet either... so your gearing options are either getting carries thru old BFA raids or just farming Warforged gear/classic epics like all the other levels.

Also since DF launched 50s are no longer a separate bracket in BGs, they go into the 50-59 bracket. So you are at a serious disadvantage in there. And I doubt you will ever get an xp-off BG to pop at the higher levels. HoA and azerite abilities are disabled in bgs too, so no benefit from that.

For PvE the only advantage of going higher level is that more content opens up, but the power starts to drop off hard so it's a trade off. But if you just want to do PvE stuff for a bit and enjoy the game you can lock xp and do it at any level.

If you want some disposable BG fun maybe try 30-39. Once you hit 30 you can buy the old ilvl 115 pvp gear for a few marks of honor in your capital city, and then again at 35 some new ilvl 130 pvp gear opens up. The gear should put you ahead of 75% of the other players in there, or at least on par with other people doing the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread