Level 39 Twink with 734 Shadow Power?!

Smiffy

world BIS 39 warlock retail
Hi all, I've been a 39 twink for a while now and my goal's always been to try and achieve the most, non-exploitalbe shadow damage, unbuffed and buffed.

So I'm creating this topic I guess to share my achievement(s) with you all as I've cracked the previous record of highest buffed shadow power as a level 39.

In the past I reached a total buffed spell power of 648 (this is when leg kits and naxx enchants still worked)

Armory's not working for me at the moment so I'll try write my gear. Here's a simplified list of the gear I've used in my most recent attempt at getting the highest non-exploitable buffed shadow damage. If you know of any gear that can help me increase my shadow damage, please tell - but from what I know, this is the "perfected" set.

Head: Green Lens of Shadow Wrath (+36 Shadow Power)

Necklace: Pulsating Crystalline Shard (+11 Spellpower)

Shoulders: Lunar Mantle of Shadow Wrath (+20 Shadow Power

Back: Gossamer Cape of Shadow Wrath (+14 Shadow Power) [+120 Armor Enchant]

Chest: Sorcerer Robe of Shadow Wrath (+27 Shadow Power) [+150HP Enchant]

Wrist: Bloodwoven Bracers of Shadow Wrath (+14 Shadow Power) [+15 Spell Power Enchant]

Mainhand Weapon: Spiritchaser Staff of Shadow Wrath (+27 Shadow Power) [Soulfrost Enchant]

Ranged: Lady Fal'theress' Finger (+8 Spell power)

Hands: Royal Gloves of Healing (+16 Spell Power) [+20 Spell Power]

Waist: Royal Sash of Healing (+16 Spell Power)

Legs: Royal Legs of Healing (+22 Spell Power)

Feet: Royal Boots of Shadow Wrath (+20 Shadow Power) [Boar's Speed]

Ring: Underworld Band (+12 Spell Power)

Ring: Underworld Band (+12 Spell Power)

Trinket: Discerning Eye of the Beast (+14 Spell Power)

Trinket: Discerning Eye of the Beast (+14 Spell Power)

Unbuffed, this gives me a total of 372 Shadow Power.

These were the buffs I used to get the highest Spell Power. If you know of any that I could use that I haven't, please tell :)

Wizard Oil (+16 Spell pwer)

Chipped Power Core (+25 Spell Power)

Bloodfury (+81 Spell Power)

Partied with someone wearing a Jade Pendant of Blasting (+15 Spell Power)

Valentines day Perfume (+45 Spell Power)

Arcane Elixir combined with Mixology (+32 Spell Power)

Clamlette Magnifique (+14 Spell Power)

Rank 8 Flametongue Totem (+144 Spell Power)

In this screenshot I obtained 719 Shadow Power (Forgot to grab a Screenshot when I used Chipped Power Core)

So from using all these buffs and using that gear I should be able to get 744 Shadow Power.

Also, I know I'm a glass cannon. I know in some slots I've chosen one spell power over quite a few stamina - Like I said, my goal's always been to get the highest Shadow Power.

Thanks, and enjoy.

I didn't test corruption unfortunately, only Shadowbolt.

Did a non-crit Shadowbolt for 1018 - Got a screenshot of it too.

edit: specced as aflic

Smiffy said:
I didn't test corruption unfortunately, only Shadowbolt.

Did a non-crit Shadowbolt for 1018 - Got a screenshot of it too.

edit: specced as aflic

Please don't come to NF, or faction change to alliance if you do :p

I remember trying to HoT and decurse my team on my druid in BGs in BL against you...and failing miserably.

Sunblayde said:
Please don't come to NF, or faction change to alliance if you do :p

I remember trying to HoT and decurse my team on my druid in BGs in BL against you...and failing miserably.

Haha hi Sunblayde - I transferred to NF about a month and a half ago, I'm in <Gnomeregan Outriders> or Gnomeregan. Haven't been as active since the days of Bloodlust, but I pop on every now and then.

:rolleyes:
Smiffy said:
I pop on every now and then.

Those are the games I will be /afking :p

I'd love to roll horde to play with you and some of my other hordie friends, but man, NF just has way too many horde players. Not in the mood for even loger queues.

:rolleyes:

Scary stuff*drool*

isn't there a glyph of lifetap that would increase spellpower by 20% of spirit?

Grabco said:
isn't there a glyph of lifetap that would increase spellpower by 20% of spirit?

There is. Thanks for pointing that out, never knew about that.

From the PTR notes for 3.3.3:

Life Tap: This spell no longer scales with spirit, and instead scales with spell power.

Would be interesting to see how this would change your play style... especially if you have 734 SP and roughly 1500 health. Life tapping once may drop your health down pretty quick. Time to hit the PTR and test it out?

Asterri said:
From the PTR notes for 3.3.3:

Life Tap: This spell no longer scales with spirit, and instead scales with spell power.

Would be interesting to see how this would change your play style... especially if you have 734 SP and roughly 1500 health. Life tapping once may drop your health down pretty quick. Time to hit the PTR and test it out?

I don't think the glyph of has changed to SP. This means that they will stack less on Spirit, thus life tap will give less SP.

I didn't mention the glyph at all. Let me rephrase the question: How much of a health hit would you take if you lifetapped with 734 SP? Would you take 734 health over the base and convert it to mana? If thats the case, lifetapping with that much SP might be situational to the point where you couldn't use it in some fights to refill mana. This change (depending on how much you tap for) might be more of a nerf than a buff.

Edit: Found out via MMO-Champion.com that the Lifetap is now 0.5*sp + base. Base rank 4 is 37 life to mana. So... @ 734 SP, 404 life would be converted to mana, which is 27% of your health @ 1500 life. This, combined with the glyph of life tap and less itemization into spirit, would the glyph even be useful? If you are just interested in maxing out SP, that is fine, but giving up 27% health just for more mana if needed makes the glass cannon spec just that much more fragile.

Users who are viewing this thread