Level 30

I am biased as I've been twinking 60s and 80s for many years (until the ilvl squish ruined everything), but I specifically resubscribed in DF because I heard Blizz had "balanced" the ilvl curve while levelling and I was curious how broken it'd be.

Obviously there are many things to do at level 30 gameplay-wise. All endgame dailies for BC and Wrath and at least the faction rep dailies for Cata (but not Molten Front, sadly). Alchemy and cooking are worthwhile professions to level up, giving somewhat substantial buffs from mostly Cata items plus some of the classic stuff like underwater breathing or swim speed.

Gearing is probably the biggest drawback, as you need either a patient friend or a second account to drag yourself through ICC and RS for likely months (my main took 20 weeks to finish up). Alternatively there is WoD dungeons but that grind is not for me yet. I will do it at some point though for rings.
Big bonus is the availability and... I'll say viability of legendary weapons. Shadowmourne - although getting it is low on my to-do list - scales properly and will be a 115 weapon. The other ones are lower ilvl but maybe style points?

The solo dungeon experience can vary wildly depending on your class, the boss or even the trashpack (Cata dungeons were a challenge and at least one I can't feasibly clear), but it's good fun all in all. Stacking 26 SL gems can make you seem very powerful but some thing hit surprisingly hard, as if they were designed for multiple players.

EU community seems quite scattered, there is of course Legacy 30s, but that's on NA side. I'm not aware of any notable EU group doing the bracket.

Yeah, I decided to give it a try, and make a survival Hunter for level 30 play. :cool:

So if you are looking for company for your 30 come and join me on Draenor EU.
Maybe we get enough and do a raid sometime!!
Haven't left my RP server in 15 years :cool: But we can still hook up via BattleTag if you want. Surely that works across regions... right, Blizz? Or does normal friend list work across regions now? I don't even know.

Most of what thrano said is true, though gearing is far easier than implied in their reply. Marks of Honor can be used to buy pvp gear for most classes that is perfectly decent, or even bis in some cases. You should also make a point to keep an eye out for certain items with improper stats being shown on their tooltip. There are items from pvp vendors that can have WAY more vers than the item would suggest, until you mouse over them and compare them to your currently eqipped gear. The classic pvp vendors by arathi highlands and other battle ground entrances are perfect examples to look for busted vers gear. Can also buy a few items (shoulders and pants iirc) from these vendors with just a fuckload of raw vers for leather/mail wearers. Unsure of whether the same is true for cloth and plate. Area 52 and dalaran also have pvp gear worth looking at. Just make sure you take a look at all of your options before spending the marks of honor. Surv hunter has a lot of its BIS items locked behind Area 52 marks of honor gear that has triple secondary stats on it. Lots of options for gearing outside of raids. Highly recommend you join "Legacy Thirty" discord if you want more information about thirty twinking in general.

Most of what thrano said is true, though gearing is far easier than implied in their reply. Marks of Honor can be used to buy pvp gear for most classes that is perfectly decent, or even bis in some cases. You should also make a point to keep an eye out for certain items with improper stats being shown on their tooltip. There are items from pvp vendors that can have WAY more vers than the item would suggest, until you mouse over them and compare them to your currently eqipped gear. The classic pvp vendors by arathi highlands and other battle ground entrances are perfect examples to look for busted vers gear. Can also buy a few items (shoulders and pants iirc) from these vendors with just a fuckload of raw vers for leather/mail wearers. Unsure of whether the same is true for cloth and plate. Area 52 and dalaran also have pvp gear worth looking at. Just make sure you take a look at all of your options before spending the marks of honor. Surv hunter has a lot of its BIS items locked behind Area 52 marks of honor gear that has triple secondary stats on it. Lots of options for gearing outside of raids. Highly recommend you join "Legacy Thirty" discord if you want more information about thirty twinking in general.
Yeah but you see. Versa is a healer stat in my broken brain, so obviously I have no use for PvP gear o_O

Users who are viewing this thread