Level 1 trinket question

Heya 1s, I stumbled across this trinket in the AH today:

Corsairs_Spyglass_level_1.jpg

It didn't have a level requirement. Thinking it might be a tooltip error, I bought it and nothing changed (maybe there's a hidden requirement?). The stats don't follow the pattern I read about in the level 1 guides posted in this forum, and I wanted to know if this were a trinket a level 1 would want.

Heya 1s, I stumbled across this trinket in the AH today:

View attachment 19579

It didn't have a level requirement. Thinking it might be a tooltip error, I bought it and nothing changed (maybe there's a hidden requirement?). The stats don't follow the pattern I read about in the level 1 guides posted in this forum, and I wanted to know if this were a trinket a level 1 would want.
What Ohti said, but out of curiosity, what level were you viewing it on? Did you try putting it on a level 1?

What Ohti said, but out of curiosity, what level were you viewing it on? Did you try putting it on a level 1?

I made a level 1 and sent the trinket to them just now, and a "requires level 11" showed up. So yep, tooltip error. I saw the trinket originally on a level 24 character.

Edit: going through other unequipped BoE gear on my 24, they're all missing required levels too. It must have something to do with the required level being lower than the character's current level.

Sorry for the false alarm -- I should have thought about making a 1 and sending the trinket to see it, before posting.

I made a level 1 and sent the trinket to them just now, and a "requires level 11" showed up. So yep, tooltip error. I saw the trinket originally on a level 24 character.
When you say "showed up", do you mean it showed up only when you tried to equip it or showed up in the tooltip as soon as you looked at it on a level one? If it's the latter, that's not a tooltip error. At some point blizzard just removed the level requirement visibility from tooltips if you are above the level required (save for bugged items), annoying all of us.

When you say "showed up", do you mean it showed up only when you tried to equip it or showed up in the tooltip as soon as you looked at it on a level one? If it's the latter, that's not a tooltip error. At some point blizzard just removed the level requirement visibility from tooltips if you are above the level required (save for bugged items), annoying all of us.

The requirement appeared as soon as my level 1 opened the mailbox and saw the trinket. To your point, that must be a product of Blizzard's change in visible requirements. I didn't know that was a thing, and wow, that change really is annoying.

Ye no idea why it shows level req sometimes and sometimes not, but i suppose for endgame players its irrelevant information alot of the time so they cover it up.

anyways, does anyone wanna explain this one?
WoWScrnShot_062221_220940 (2).jpg

just deleted and restored? Lockboxes?

Ye no idea why it shows level req sometimes and sometimes not, but i suppose for endgame players its irrelevant information alot of the time so they cover it up.

anyways, does anyone wanna explain this one? View attachment 19585
just deleted and restored? Lockboxes?
Nothing to explain. It's a bfa ring, which means outside of necks and weapons it follows the same loot rules as legion. It can drop from several "thug" mobs that are in zuldazar.

The AH display is only halfway bugged; not sure if everyone caught that. If you are in a broad search... 'plate' or 'savant', hovering your cursor over the items in the list will show the proper levels, even if they're below your char's level. It's only when you click on the particular items, that the narrowed list will drop the req lvl display, when it's below yours.

If you find you can't read the level, broaden the search to re-target the item.

Users who are viewing this thread