Level 1 and 10 twinking questions.

I have been reading the thread over the last few days. I am interested in making level 10 rogue, level 10 mage, and level 1 warlock twinks.

Is a level 1 Warlock viable to gank 5-10s? Just for kicks. I am thinking the viability of level 1 twinks will rise significantly when the XP is shut off. Now many things beyond the reach of level 1s should be obtainable (AGM for one). Maybe level 1 will be the new 19 for low level zone world PvP? Would a level 10 warlock ganking 15-20 be a better choice?

I understand a level 10 rogue should be rolled on horde side due to wingblade. However, if you really want a level 10 alliance, would it be possible, once faction switching is open, to roll horde get wingblade, transfer, and keep it?

If I wanted to use a level 10 mage in 10-19 Bgs, how could I keep XP on but keep from leveling?

How viable is a level 1 or level 10 warrior?

Are other twink levels viable like 5 or 15? Does the scaling really make level 1 and 10 ideal before level 19?

Hmmmm, I think that is all I had.

I appreciate any help or guidance you can give a noob like me.

Imho: Only classes that are viable for level ten twinking are

Rogues, Hunters, Paladins, Feral Druids.

=/

as for a level ten twink rogue, check my signature.

You also need to get: AGMx2, Fishing Hat, and 225 herb when 3.2 comes out ;)

Yes, a level ten should be roll'd preferably on horde, due to the fact of the [item]Wingblade[/item], [item]Gloves of the Moon[/item] and the a belt that gives 5/5 agi/stam from the same quest chain that the GotM come form. Other possible items we can get at level ten are [item]Ring of Scorn[/item]

I just don't see a level 1 warlock being viable, for multiple reasons:

1) You have a limited amount of mana, and you will most likely be missing alot.

2) You will have very limited armor and relatively low spellpower.

3) You don't have fear.

Those are just to name a few, I'd pick rogue or paladin for level 1 twinking over any caster.

On the subject of "low-level world pvp" I don't think that will happen sadly, there is always going to be that one towel who is gonna get on his main and go around and 1 shot everyone.

Warriors are a decent class for level 1 twinking, I've seen my friend hit some pretty high crits with his BAR, but again, I'd take paladin for the simple fact you have multiple ways of healing yourself.

Hope this helped ! ^_^

Kinigit said:
I have been reading the thread over the last few days. I am interested in making level 10 rogue, level 10 mage, level 1 warlock twinks.

Is a level 1 Warlock viable to gank 5-10s? Just for kicks. I am thinking the viability of level 1 twinks will rise significantly when the XP is shut off. Now many things beyond the reach of level 1s should be obtainable (AGM for one). Maybe level 1 will be the new 19 for low level zone world PvP? Would a level 10 warlock ganking 15-20 be a better choice?

As a rule of thumb a level one twink can generally kill other characters well up to level 15, after which resists and miss chance start to gimp your proc damage and your killability. Ganking on a level one is definitly fun, turning xp off is going to open us up to a whole new range of ganking.

I understand a level 10 rogue should be rolled on horde side due to wingblade. However, if you really want a level 10 alliance, would it be possible, once faction switching is open, to roll horde get wingblade, transfer, and keep it?

I think you should, ive never seen a weapon that says "requires Horde to use"

If I wanted to use a level 10 mage in 10-19 Bgs, how could I keep XP on but keep from leveling?

no idea

How viable is a level 1 or level 10 warrior?

1's work pretty good. 10's not so much since the block nerf.

Are other twink levels viable like 5 or 15? Does the scaling really make level 1 and 10 ideal before level 19?

5's are something ive thought about, but it doesnt have the wow factor of a level one twink and it cant do bg's.. imo it would be cool but the interest isnt quite there. not yet anyways.

IAT has been doing some experementing with those inbetween levels, good results but only with rogues sofar.

Thank you for the info so far.

I will shelve the idea of the mage for now. Focus on the rogue and do a ton of research on the warlock. I just think that now level 1s can run around alot there may be some quest rewards we can get that have been undiscovered for level 1s.

I am pretty interested in the challenge of trying to make a level 1 warlock work. I have time before 3.2 to come up with a strategy.

Besides, a level 1 gnome warlock named "Eevyl" with the Hallow's Helm welcoming new level 10s to Azeroth just seems too fun to give up on yet. I am not trying to squash level 10s, I am cool with a fighting chance.

As for the rogue? What is the progression of stuff he should be trying to get from level 1- 10? I figure I might as well chase gear and let him level to 10 along the way (stop and wait to turn off XP when he hits 10).

I have to tell you reading your thread has really changed my perspective on the twink mindset. I always assumed twinks were motivated by the desire to grief people. You know; stereotypes and all that. I really respect the challenge you guys took on trying to twink all these years.

1 - 8: Exploring, and professions 1 - 150 (engineering for 150 starts at level 10, 75 starts at 5)

9 - 10: Questing, STV Arena, Fishing for Fishing hat, 225 Gathering Profs (Skinning / Herb)

There ya go ;D

Eh, I like twinking level 10 more than my 19 rogue.

Funner seeing people emote spam and go OMFGWTFQQ I GOT STEAMROLLD.

(sorry for late responces, playing WoW, wanna contact me, click the 19 rogue twink in my sig and hit me up lol)

Ego said:
I just don't see a level 1 warlock being viable, for multiple reasons:

1) You have a limited amount of mana, and you will most likely be missing alot.

2) You will have very limited armor and relatively low spellpower.

3) You don't have fear.

Those are just to name a few, I'd pick rogue or paladin for level 1 twinking over any caster.

On the subject of "low-level world pvp" I don't think that will happen sadly, there is always going to be that one towel who is gonna get on his main and go around and 1 shot everyone.

Warriors are a decent class for level 1 twinking, I've seen my friend hit some pretty high crits with his BAR, but again, I'd take paladin for the simple fact you have multiple ways of healing yourself.

Hope this helped ! ^_^

You have to speak of experience when it comes to the missing part for casters @ lvl 1. A good friend of mine has a lvl 1 mage and warlock and he never struggled with the missing/resist shit.

Anyways, I guess warlock could be viable, with minor speed you could just outrun everyone while your imp does the job, if you're low on health. You should also consider the mage. The mage should by far be better when fighting meele, since you got the chill buff.

Overall I think I'd roll a warlock over a mage, a little more fun with 2 offensive spells on a warlock + pet, but you don't really have to choose since you can just transfer the gear (most of it) between the 2 of them if you choose to create both classes.

You should also consider rogue and warrior. With an ap/crit stacked warr, way before 3,1 though, with 200hp I was able to kill rogues in my guild (lvl 1s as well) with over 800hp. Pure high hits, ofc it's not as good as that anymore since you dont have the nethercleft which provides a huge amount of crit and ap. With a fiery/lifestealing on a 2h it will procc almost everytime, if you calculate it you won't get a huge % but my fiery procced up to 5 times a row, multiple times.

When all comes to all I guess rogue is the best, but not necessarily the funniest to play + overused class @lvl 1.

And Ego-Trip, I don't see why people would make pally? Has to be really boring since it's pure autoattack and the SoR doesn't really provide with an OP amount of dmg. The only realy good thing I see with a pally is that they're the best healer @ lvl 1 and healing does'nt win your challenges. Offensive is the best defensive strategy you know.

[quote name='Kinigit']Thank you for the info so far.

I will shelve the idea of the mage for now. Focus on the rogue and do a ton of research on the warlock. I just think that now level 1s can run around alot there may be some quest rewards we can get that have been undiscovered for level 1s.

There should be no quest rewards at all that is superior to the option we already got. I've checked and I haven't found a single quest that even provides 1 armor more than the current best alternative.

Anyways if you have any questions just pm me here. Been lvl 1 twinking for over a year (dont play wow now though). And I have experience with almost every class @lvl 1.

Boglund said:
You have to speak of experience when it comes to the missing part for casters @ lvl 1. A good friend of mine has a lvl 1 mage and warlock and he never struggled with the missing/resist shit.

Anyways, I guess warlock could be viable, with minor speed you could just outrun everyone while your imp does the job, if you're low on health. You should also consider the mage. The mage should by far be better when fighting meele, since you got the chill buff.

Overall I think I'd roll a warlock over a mage, a little more fun with 2 offensive spells on a warlock + pet, but you don't really have to choose since you can just transfer the gear (most of it) between the 2 of them if you choose to create both classes.

You should also consider rogue and warrior. With an ap/crit stacked warr, way before 3,1 though, with 200hp I was able to kill rogues in my guild (lvl 1s as well) with over 800hp. Pure high hits, ofc it's not as good as that anymore since you dont have the nethercleft which provides a huge amount of crit and ap. With a fiery/lifestealing on a 2h it will procc almost everytime, if you calculate it you won't get a huge % but my fiery procced up to 5 times a row, multiple times.

When all comes to all I guess rogue is the best, but not necessarily the funniest to play + overused class @lvl 1.

And Ego-Trip, I don't see why people would make pally? Has to be really boring since it's pure autoattack and the SoR doesn't really provide with an OP amount of dmg. The only realy good thing I see with a pally is that they're the best healer @ lvl 1 and healing does'nt win your challenges. Offensive is the best defensive strategy you know.

I had a mage at one point, and fireball seemed to miss alot / or get 50% or more the dmg resisted. Pallys aren't that bad, if you get low hp and can't bandage, holy light can give you the push you need

Ego said:
I had a mage at one point, and fireball seemed to miss alot / or get 50% or more the dmg resisted. Pallys aren't that bad, if you get low hp and can't bandage, holy light can give you the push you need

Where's the damage you need? Maybe against another lvl 1 twink you would be able to outheal him. But against high lvls I don't see how it's any good. Anyways I take you on your word.

on my old accnt i had a lvl 10 lock dot runner and just ran around doing curse of agony and corruption. i did die alot and most of the dots got resisted or missed so i had to "double dot" them. i did get top 3 damage most of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread