LEGIT Frame Perfect Jumps

Azeroh

Hello!

Don't you just hate failing jumps because you aren't using a jump bind, but you don't want to use a jump bind because of personal beliefs? Well I got the two BEST solutions to your problem! The first one being the 100% consistent Freeze macro, and the second being the best technique (that I've found) for consistently getting frame perfect jumps.

MACRO/FREEZE METHOD
/run local t = time() + 1 while time() < t do end
You put this in a macro and use it. Once you use it, your game should freeze. While your game is frozen you simply hold whatever directional key you'd like and press space, causing your character to do a frame perfect jump in that direction upon the game unfreezing. You can control how long this macro will freeze by changing the number, making it shorter or longer to your liking (decimals count). Now this macro causes your game to freeze (hang in other terms), and some people might not like that for reasons. That's what the second method is for.

GITGUD METHOD
This technique is the most consistent one I have found within the small amount of testing I've done, so there might be other ways or optimizations you can apply to improve your technique but here's mine.

Secondary bind your Forward and Jump to two keyboard keys close to eachother, for example ZX (if you are doing this in combat these should be easy to press).
Now, you're gonna wanna use two fingers like your Index and Middle finger together to click these buttons. You should move them as if they are glued together (as one finger), with your shorter finger hovering slightly above the keys. With the example of ZX, you're gonna want Z to be Forward as that's what your Middle finger is gonna hit (taller finger in the pair) and X to be Jump as that's what your Index finger is gonna hit (smaller finger in the pair).

In practice, when you move your two fingers somewhat fast and press these buttons your smaller finger will press the second key after your taller finger presses 3/4s down the key (which can obv be different for different keyboards). You can still fuck the technique up, but in my tests this was the best and most consistent technique.
-

I personally could not give a fuck and use a jump bind, but I found these techniques and wanna share them to the people who don't use jump binds for whatever reason. If you know somebody who doesn't want to use jump binds, you can just lead them to this thread so they aren't as fucked on jumps as they would be normally. The Freeze macro brings the gap between jump binders and not WAY closer from before (only being worse as you have a small delay before the jump, but should actually be more consistent), and the GITGUD method can close that gap to a small margin if the technique is perfected. This is the end of the thread, thank you for reading.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread