Items capable of reciveing wotlk-enchants?

As you might know, the new wrath of the lich king enchants will require a item with item level greater than 60. But there are some level 1 items with common quality that have over 60 in item level. Much like level 1 twinks often used Simple Black Dress to get +6 to all stats or defense rating.

The only piece of armor i found that have no level req and have item level over 60 is the Formal Dangui (http://thottbot.com/i13895)

Enchants that might be useful to get on this little fella would be either +10 all stats or 275 hp.

If you compare these to a normal Defias Chest with 100 hp the gains/loss would be...

275 hp

gains: 65 hp

loss: the 4 stre and 3 agi

Might be good for a flagrunner or any other hp-focused twink?

+10 to all stats

+6 Str

+7 Agi

+10 Int

+10 Spt

Might be good for the ones going for pure dps?

Is there any other lowbie items out there with item level 60+?

Cheers!

heatonn said:
As you might know, the new wrath of the lich king enchants will require a item with item level greater than 60. But there are some level 1 items with common quality that have over 60 in item level. Much like level 1 twinks often used Simple Black Dress to get +6 to all stats or defense rating.

The only piece of armor i found that have no level req and have item level over 60 is the Formal Dangui (http://thottbot.com/i13895)

Enchants that might be useful to get on this little fella would be either +10 all stats or 275 hp.

If you compare these to a normal Defias Chest with 100 hp the gains/loss would be...

275 hp

+10 to all stats

Gain: 6 stre, 7 agi

loss: 110 hp

Cheers!

4 words:greater rune of warding!

Drayner said:
I've been camping Moonglade for 2 months on 5 servers for the last 2 months. No luck thus far.

All the ones that we found on perenolde(about 5-6) were gotten in off hours(2am-5am) probably just coincidence tho

heatonn said:

275 hp

+10 to all stats

Gain: 6 stre, 7 agi

loss: 110 hp

Cheers!

I think your math is off.

Blackened Defias Armor

+4 Strength

+3 Agility

+11 Stamina

Formal Dangui w/ +10 stats =

+10 Strength

+10 Agility

+10 Stamina

+10 Intellect

+10 Spirit

GAINS

+6 Str

+7 Agi

+10 Int

+10 Spt

LOSSES

- 92 Armor

- 1 Stam

so.. your losing 92 armor and 10 health but gaining so much more.

oh! sorry. i havnt played a caster in my whole life, so i left out the caster stats by old habits!

you are right, editing it in the first post :)

formal dengui doesnt take enchants and neither does that sword...cant enchant greys and i think blizz nerfed the lvl on dengui (not sure), but i do know it somehow doesnt work

Tetox said:
formal dengui doesnt take enchants and neither does that sword...cant enchant greys and i think blizz nerfed the lvl on dengui (not sure), but i do know it somehow doesnt work

Yes, you are no longer able to enchant a formal dangui with WotLK enchants

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=13895#comments

"New and sad update to all you out there: You cannot put WotLK enchants on this thing.

Seems like the new enchants requiers that the gear has a proficience, cloth, leather, and so on."

Tetox said:

you are wrong, its just that it doesnt take WOTLK chants because they can only be put on items with a proficiency (mail, cloth, leather etc.)

The greater rune of warding and BC chants still work on it.

this is good new, cant wait to get it.

I didn't see the second page .........

Users who are viewing this thread