item SQUISH on BC gear - questionable

WOD SQUISH on all gear - questionable

first off i know that the WOD database that was given out is still new and hopefully unfinished. many items still show dodge, parry, etc. but right now the way they have applied SQUISH i certainly hope it is not like enchant scaling that was done with loopholes. i wouldn't recommend over reacting yet or start farming what may or may not be new BIS gear. on the WOD squish pre data some mid level BC items are actually better than SWP/BT/etc. end of BC expac items. this alos affects CATA, and MOP gear too drasticly

daggers
Crux of the Apocalypse - Item - World of Warcraft
Shiv of Exsanguination - Item - World of Warcraft
Heartrazor - Item - World of Warcraft
Emerald Ripper - Item - World of Warcraft

some items hit rather hard others not so hard like these staves
SWP
Golden Staff of the Sin'dorei - Item - World of Warcraft still strong
Grand Magister's Staff of Torrents - Item - World of Warcraft trashed
BT
Zhar'doom, Greatstaff of the Devourer - Item - World of Warcraft stronger than SWP staff above
PVP
Brutal Gladiator's Battle Staff - Item - World of Warcraft weak
Brutal Gladiator's War Staff - Item - World of Warcraft strong

bows
Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury - Item - World of Warcraft still good stats, damage nerfed below epic bows even farther
Weapons - Items - World of Warcraft GF'd ZA bow is rather nice

2h, nice thing here, is if you can't get SWP runs, the other two are easy to get
Apolyon, the Soul-Render - Item - World of Warcraft
Twinblade of the Phoenix - Item - World of Warcraft
Hammer of the Naaru - Item - World of Warcraft

PVP gear is all over the map in stats, because items with hit had all their stats slammed and those not having hit only lost armor. this if unfixed makes S1 &2 gear better than S3 & 4
Brutal Gladiator's Leather Tunic - Item - World of Warcraft
Vengeful Gladiator's Leather Tunic - Item - World of Warcraft
Merciless Gladiator's Leather Tunic - Item - World of Warcraft
Gladiator's Leather Tunic - Item - World of Warcraft

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget, a lot of the weapons actual damage/spell power and such haven't been changed yet. I'd wait till the actual beta comes out. I'd guess in 5 - 7 weeks tbh.

Come on guys. none of this is accurate or will be implemented like this.

A 1135 second buff? Yeah, good luck with that.

Thanks for the link though, it's fun to go through the new database! Some level 60 items which add 9% crit at level 90 xD

Weapon DPS is the only stat which has been squished on every item atm (except armor which scales weirdly), so that's probably your best measure of how items have changed relative to each other.

In the 80 bracket, it looks like pretty much all of our raiding gear will have roughly the same power, so I'd be interested to see if the same happened at 70 :)

I love how some of the numbers look now, "slows Movement speed by 665%".

I have Jin'Rokh and Cleaver of the Unforgiving, so I'm happy, highly doubt anything in the databse right now is legit though.

Seems that only stuff with +hit has been updated so far, that stat is gone on almost all pieces (went through 60 epics).

The squished items atm are only the ones that had hit rating on live servers. This is the disparity you are seeing.

However, most of this has been done automatically, so it's likely some fine-tuning will happen before release (then again, 409s made it to live so I doubt it).

added some stuff to my OP

their initial squish program they ran seems to target items with hit/expertise, also anything with those stats are extremely slammed in primary stats, while other items only had damage lowered maintain full pre-squish stats. since most caster items do not have hit, they suffered no stat loss unless there was hit on the item.

some good example are really seen in higher level gear like below

MOP weapon
before
Lerah's Ribsmasher - Item - World of Warcraft
after
Lerah's Ribsmasher - Item - World of Warcraft

CATA weapon
before
Wild Hammer - Item - World of Warcraft
after
Wild Hammer - Item - World of Warcraft

again, hopefully blizzard fully addresses all items on their WOD squish rather than let a automated program we have seen in this preliminary data base

Users who are viewing this thread