EU+US Is f2p fun anymore?

Mirenelle

Legend
Hey all! I used to play f2p yeaaars ago (in Cata and MoP) and quit shortly after.
I still remember names of the people I played with back then so if any of you wants to say hi I would be happy to see you. :)
I was wondering if someone from my times could confirm if f2p is playable or any fun as it was (or maybe it's even more fun?).

Best regards! <3

I guess it depends on what you found fun about it, but...

Its a lot less of a centralized, concentrated community these days. The era of everyone being on one or two servers is over. People tend to play a little more independently and solo. That said, there's a small group of folks (many on this forum) who are willing to group up and play. If you enjoyed the pvp aspect of it, it can be fairly rough depending on class and faction but you're certainly still viable. If you enjoyed the pve aspect of it, its way more accessible than it used to be and there's tons of stuff to do. This will be especially true in 2 weeks as Shadowlands comes out and greatly expands what f2p will have available.

I think I remember you nelf warrior? F2ps are still very playable and fun. I have a f2p warrior myself I play from time to time. The biggest thing you will notice is lacking crusader enchants and mark of the satyr is going to leave you doing significantly less damage (despite this I have managed to 1v1 vet warriors LOL) than that of a fully twinked veteran.
I say if you like the f2p playstyle and mindset go and play it.

Last edited:
Battleground wise it's currently more 'fair' than it ever has been. F2P's are in the xpon bracket. Which means you can only be queued vs other F2P's, levelers, or 'vetted' 20's. Like Chops said though, there isn't the community aspect anymore. Still fun enough to play with friends, but the community is a shadow of it's former self.

Much more important is what is going to be going on when Shadowlands comes out.

As far as balance for Shadowlands, all that we get access to, or even when it will actually be released (now October 13th)... there are no definitive answers.

Regardless of that lack of clarity: there will be far more playable content at the f2p level even if our new level cap becomes 10. (more dungeons, world quests, professions, etc)

Personally i'm very hopeful after playing on the ptr. Hope this helped.

And sometimes we organize community events, so everyone can have fun /o

Omg Hey!! I thought I would never see this name again, welcome back!
Me and my brother Arberian still remember your warrior to this day, it was before we even discovered the twinking community of twinkinfo.com>xpoff now. Such fun times, I believe it was early to late Cata!
Happy to see you, welcome back again!!

Hey all! I used to play f2p yeaaars ago (in Cata and MoP) and quit shortly after.
I still remember names of the people I played with back then so if any of you wants to say hi I would be happy to see you. :)
I was wondering if someone from my times could confirm if f2p is playable or any fun as it was (or maybe it's even more fun?).

Best regards! <3

Only fun if you are rollling with shammy Oniyu again :p... cuz it takes 2 to make it fun... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread