EU+US Installing F2P WoW

Berrybush

Veteran
Hi everyone. Its been a while since I posted here.

I got an itch to play my hunter and
I have a burning question that I can't get an answer on:
Can I install just a portion of WoW ? I don't want to install the whole game
just to run lvl 20 dungeons and train professions.

In the past I noticed the game runs fine on just few GB's of data.
Now I want to know if I can stop the installer mid point and keep it there?

Lvl 20's have access to all except for 2-3 zones of every expansion now. They can run most of the dungeons up till BFA, barring just a couple per expansion again.
Even if you could only download what you need, you're lookin at 60%+ needed just for the content you can access.

The game only "runs fine on a few GB's of data" because that's the small portion that allows you to log in and start exploring, while everything is still being downloaded around you. If you could stop downloading, you'd run into undeveloped areas very soon.

I no longer feel hungry after eating, do I really need these intestines?
Not the entirety of them, no. You can have a decent amount of them removed and do okay, up to around 40% of the small intestine. You can also live entirely without your large intestine.

It's actually relatively commonplace for people with severe diverticulitis to have a few feet removed.

While you aleady got your answer, it's not a stupid question at all like some comments here would imply. You can play World of Warcraft (or at least you could last when I played retail) while it's only partially downloaded, but the game would keep downloading as you go and there isn't much you could do to stop that. This is a valid question however since there are games where you don't need to download the whole game to play a part of it.

Obviously not, in what game could you possibly do that?

One example closest to me is Guild Wars. An area will only be hard downloaded to your memory if you enter it in game, so, for the first time you enter, for example, Lion's Arch, it will download for like up to a minute to store the data on your PC, so that every other time it takes about a second to load the area.

This is cool for niche players like myself that play in a restricted area called Presearing which means I don't have to keep the area files of like 95% of the game.

Thanks everyone for your funny or creative comments :cool:

While you aleady got your answer, it's not a stupid question at all like some comments here would imply. You can play World of Warcraft (or at least you could last when I played retail) while it's only partially downloaded, but the game would keep downloading as you go and there isn't much you could do to stop that. This is a valid question however since there are games where you don't need to download the whole game to play a part of it.

One example closest to me is Guild Wars. An area will only be hard downloaded to your memory if you enter it in game, so, for the first time you enter, for example, Lion's Arch, it will download for like up to a minute to store the data on your PC, so that every other time it takes about a second to load the area.

This is cool for niche players like myself that play in a restricted area called Presearing which means I don't have to keep the area files of like 95% of the game.

A great point, thank you for answering.
Its unfortunate it can't be done, but maybe I'll continue searching.

Users who are viewing this thread