Ideas for a new streamlined game

Is a PvP only game something you would be interested in or do you need a PvE aspect?

• yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • maybe, if the que times were short

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
Every now an then i come back and make a twink and play for a bit. I however can't justify paying for the game just to twink and find that the low level pvp can just be to unbalanced some time. SOO i have decided to take a crack at some original game design :)

What i am looking for is some customer validation before i start making the product. Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

General gist of the game: PvP only game that is balanced and involves skill without a grind aspect

1) Would you want something that is subscription based, or something that you pay to unlock new character slots or stat build slots?

2) If it is a, pay for each character and/or stat build, Is it important to you to be able to play to max level with say only one character and only one stat build for that character as a free account?

3) Do you think a Q method that does not involve a zone would work? Something more like CoD server list, or do you want to be able to zone in to some place and just hang out and have the option to Q if you want?

4) Based on skill i was thinking tab target or some sort of 3rd person shooter system, which would you prefer?

5) Would you like to be able to change your class during the BG or is just changing builds OK?

6) Is character customization like gender, hair, facial features, tattoos, and skin tone important?

7) Do you need to have different character races, or is one humanoid type race enough?

8) Do you think some kind of balanced match making would be valuable, something that adds players based on rank if they do a random Q? And if a guild group Qs they would match them with characters of the same level, or as close as possible.

9) Would you want different types of weapons to choose from, or if it was more spell driven would you be OK without weapons?

10) Would you like some kind of rewards system that encourages you to fight as a team (like a proximity bonus)?

11) Would you like skill jumps added into maps?

12) Would you prefer a more Sci-Fi theme or more Medieval theme?

13) Would voice chat be important if it was PC/mac based, or is guild/bg typing chat enough?

14) Do you want access to all the characters available skills, or is something like only 5-7 skills per build something you would like?

15) Do you want characters that can heal? or go all out DPS?

16) Do you need to receive armor/gear upgrades, or would unlocking new skils/increasing current skill power be enough of a reward for leveling?

17) Do you want mounts, or is walking enough?

Those are some of the initial questions. Any opinions would be helpful.
THANKS!

PvE also nice. Otherwise it's basically playing Smash Bros...

Uhm no?

smash bros is a 2d fighting game with 3d characters lol, its not sidescrolling either its on a fixed 2d stage. you go left and right, up is jump.
smash games are rendered in 3d but play in 2d.

Whatever this guys talking about making, almost certainly has more dimensions than that...

And smash bros is dope. smash 4 is kinda wack tho.

Users who are viewing this thread