Ideal Resto Druid PvP Setup

Dietz

OG
Díetz Armory

Okay, it's been a long time since I've looked at the gear/talent setup of my PvP druid. Today I got my 4th Brutal piece, as well as the Antonidas cape from SWP. I do regular arenas with my hunter partner, Solidas (xp capped). Traditionally I have geared myself for Max survivability because I am really a battleground PvPer, not arena. My gemming is not 100% consistent with that, but along those lines.

Other notable items I have include: Sunglow Vest, Volanthius Shroud, Skull of Gul'dan, Band of the Eternal Restorer, Archon's Gavel, and Book of Highborne Hymns

I think I have close to all the Best-in-Slot gear for a PvP resto druid, however I need to fine tune everything. I don't know the exact resilience cap, mid 600's I believe, but I think I can reach it with some room left over. Should I just gem/enchant for stamina with the remaining options, or go for more utility with SP and/or Int? Chardev links would be most appreciated!

best resto druid i played with used 4 t6 for swiftmend bonus or w/e. same staff, but not with resil gems. you already have 12k hp and over 600 resil, yet youre only 60 something ranked. youre doing something wrong....guess its tough w/o glance

Dont go for 4 brutal, such a waste

Get Muru chest, leather legs and Sunwell leather gloves + 2 pieces tier 6.

Brutal head and shoulders.

Slap some spellpen / hit / SP / resi gems in it and faceroll your way to 2.2 K

Thanks Supbrah, I noticed the insightful earthsiege diamond and the spell penetration enchantment on the cloak. I forgot about those, will be sure to pick them up! I've decided to develop my battleground setup for maximum resilience (within reason), which will include my 4-piece brutal set. Overall it will look like this: Chardev Link Battlegrounds are the main focus of my gameplay, not raiding or arenas, so this will act as my "main" setup with some items having to overlap into the other sets.

Rxrlol, can you be a bit more specific? I have all of the items you mentioned, minus the SWP gloves. I'm almost never the target in arenas, so I need to develop an armor set for that while maintaining my Battleground and PvE sets. Exactly how much hit rating/spell penetration would I need? I have serious mana issues given my partner has not yet developed a strong PvP set for arenas, especially when most of our opponets are rogues or plate wearers. Our team is only two weeks old, and he plans on stacking agility and resilience. I however feel that stacking the healing stats for arenas might be a lost cause, because all these plate wearers will always be better tanks than a hunter, and therefore always easier to heal. At least until my partner gets better gear/practice, that's a battle I can not win. I think the best arena set would be a combination of Subrah's chardev plus the suggestions in your post. I will post a chardev at a later time after a bit more research.

As for the other posters, put your cock away and take your bitching somewhere else. Have a nice day, too! ^.^

Hey , I've recently just started twinking a 70 resto druid for pvp and my thoughts so far as follows gear wise:

Brutal head , chest shoulders - they have maximum gem slots and offer some nice stam and resilience boosts

Leggings of natural aggression and Tranqul majesty wraps - the lack of sockets in brutal gloves and legs makes them soo deficient in stats that gemming in the pve pieces is just the better option.

Guardians Kneck/Back/Wrists - again they have reasonable stats adding resilience and stamina.

T6 Boots and belt - 2 set bonus is pretty game breaking in my opinion and this is the best way to obtain it.

For rings i'd suggest both 154 ilvl pvp rings the added spellpen and haste from the dominance band will gave you having to gem to far over 50 spell pene with the right gems.

Idol nagrand quest idol (86 spellpower on rejuv)

Weapon Golden staff of the sindorei - it has insane stats and 3 gem slots which pretty much makes it the best in slot for any situation.

Trinkets are kind of personal choice but i'm aiming for memento alongside medallion as I like to play rather aggressively with cyclones, roots and damage and I also shift forms a hell of a lot.

Gems I gem my spellpen and spell hit in blue sockets with tense eye of zul as i have engineering i don't take the spell piercing on cloak enchant. I currently with the above rings and no spell piercing on cloak have 4.2% hits and 53 spell pene which i find about ideal ( i did juggle it around a fair bit)

Yellow gems i either use durable ametrine or mystic king's amber red socket runed cardinal rubies or durable amertines.

Metagem I took trenchant earthsiege diamond (25 spellpower 10% reduce stun time)

Enchants are aimed at spellpower alone except for chest, shoulder and head which are enchanted for stamina or resilience.

Hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread