Hunters hit and opinions for it

My hunter's unfinished and int based atm so yeah lol. (I'll finish it after my pally is perfect)

What is the hit cap for hunters and is it worth capping them? thanks!

I am gonna get flamed for this but I don't care...

I don't care about hit...at all. I am not giving up Sylvannus for a Pearl Ring, or 40hp and 160 mana for a different belt. I love having high hp and mana, and do great with them.

I put on a cloak, lavishly ring, deviate belt for a couple games and nothing went down any faster and I missed having the extra hp when fighting more than one person, so I went back.

I am not saying that hit is not important, I am saying that giving it up over other great stats just didn't work as well for me.

yer.. bout that!

Hunters

Dominate the midfield wiht the sick incomming dps, and that is what a hunter want.. fast high steady dmg.

Giving up gear to cap hit at the 11 is NOT worth it.

some of it is, but if u want to cap u will "Loose" to much stats.

Get the minor acuracy potion and the jewel ring and u will be fine in wsg. For arena i would anny time rather go wiht more stats than have capped the hit.

So imo hunters should not focus on capping their hit, like rogues:)

Ultimately, at these lower levels, building the potential of crit streaks and burst potential is more important than hitting with every attack. Conc Shot is really about the only thing that would hurt us if it missed... and even wing clip handles well in those occurences a majority of the time.

Some hit is nice, but don't feel obligated to capping it at 19.

shammys/hunters deserve no respect at all.

yeah but...

WHAT IS HUNTER HITCAP? lol no one answered that... I rly dont want to grind the BoA chest for my hunter and the Hit rating one i got for my rogue seems better then my tunic of westfall... I just wanna know if its worth grabbing a lavishly jeweled ring and possibly tossing on Spidercloak or deviate belt?

Crilicilyn said:
WHAT IS HUNTER HITCAP? lol no one answered that... I rly dont want to grind the BoA chest for my hunter and the Hit rating one i got for my rogue seems better then my tunic of westfall... I just wanna know if its worth grabbing a lavishly jeweled ring and possibly tossing on Spidercloak or deviate belt?

You want Lavishly Jewled Ring anyway. :S

I'm low on stam atm I only do 1 twink at a time and hunters last on priority list for my 6 twinks lol I'll get it... sometime this char in particular has terribad drop luck (It took me over 100 WC runs to get venomstrike and I still havent gotten the Boots/Legs to drop) Its sad how i can create a char last fall and still not have finished by now >.<

Hit cap for physical at 19 is 11 hit rating.

If you're going to be the normal sit in mid shooting at random people hunter, then hit rating isn't important. If you want to actually be good at hunter then hit rating is very important.

Ertai said:
Hit cap for physical at 19 is 11 hit rating.

If you're going to be the normal sit in mid shooting at random people hunter, then hit rating isn't important. If you want to actually be good at hunter then hit rating is very important.

I'd say at this point that hunters do not need hit rating over mana/health as hunters don't really have any especially vital shots they have to get in as they often have additional ways to CC someone. In 4.0, I'd probably get a hit capped hunter but right now mana and possibly CDs are hunters only weaknesses.

I might be wrong though as I don't stumble upon good hunters very often.

I have hit cap and I put out more damage and CC than any other hunter without it. It is VERY useful.

Hit cap is so easy to make its pretty dumb not to have it as physical dps. It's nice to know that everything is gonna land when you need it to and when you actually look at the numbers the stats that you lose are close to meaningless. Just do it and I promise you'll see an improvement.

Pizza said:
I have hit cap and I put out more damage and CC than any other hunter with it. It is VERY useful.

This. It's so easy to get, so why not put out the minimal effort it requires to get it anyway.

yeah but...

I dont hang out at mid at all I usually actually do something constructive lol like going for the EFC unlike all theother hunters who are picking off everyone at mid. Thankfully thier idiots and I can get to the FR on my rogue anyways :p ,I twink for 1v1 play its how I've always played my dps twinks. Hit rating Vs. EFC seems useful when conc misses >.< I just dont know if its worth dropping the hit to risk silly dr00ds and w0lfyz running away lol

I'm running my hunter with 9 hit from lavishly jeweled ring, spidersilk drape and deviate scale belt. Always at the top in damage.

I tried a few bgs without hit and found no real change other than it took just a wee bit longer to mow down a few rogues than normal. I'd rather have my hit. But it really depends on the situation. Very little ranged dps on your side? Throw on your 9hit gear for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread