hunter help

Xda

Legend
Can someone link a armory of bis 70 hunter for arena.
Also what pet/s are good to have

Armory links to some of the best geared hunters in the bracket:
Imaccurheal - eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormscal*e/Imaccurheal/advanced
Onlydreams - eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormscal*e/Onlydreams/advanced
Meat - eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormscal*e/Meat/advanced
Empatisk - eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormscal*e/Empatisk/advanced
Alonski - eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormscal*e/Alonski/advanced

what pet/s are good to have

Here's a list of all the pets available to level 70 with some kind of cc ability.

PetAbilityTypeDurationRangeDispelCooldownDRCast time
BasiliskPetrifying GazeCyclone3 seconds20 ydNo2 minutesCycloneInstant
BatSonic BlastStun2 seconds20 ydNo2 minutesStunInstant
Bird of preySnatchDisarm8 secondsMeleeNo1 minuteDisarmInstant
CrabPinRoot4 secondsMeleeYes40secondsRootInstant
Crane**LullabySleep4 seconds20 ydNo2 minutesStunInstant
DogLock JawRoot4 secondsMeleeYes40 secondsRootInsant
GorillaPummelInterrupt2 secondsMeleeNo30 secondsNoneInstant
MonkeyBad MannerBlind4 seconds20 ydNo2 minutesStun0,5 sec
MothSerenity DustInterrupt4 seconds25 ydNo1 minuteNoneInstant
Nether RayNether ShockInterrupt2 seconds20 ydNo40 secondsNoneInstant
ScorpionClenchDisarm8 secondsMeleeNo1 minuteDisarmInstant
SpiderWebRoot5 seconds30 ydYes40 secondsRootInstant
WaspStingStun2 secondsMeleeYes90 secondsStunInstant
Shale Spider*Web WrapStun3 seconds30 ydYes90 secondsStunInstant
Silithid*Venom Web SprayRoot5 seconds30 ydYes40 secondsRootInstant

* Exotic pet, must be Beast Mastery specced to tame.

** The only cranes that are available to us at level 70, are the cranes in the Pandaren's starting area. This means that the only way to get one is to start your hunter as a pandaren and tame one before you leave the Wandering Isle.

Imo you should go with a monkey, unless you haven't started your hunter yet in which case you could roll pandaren and tame a crane (exact same ability as monkey, but without the cast time).

Last edited by a moderator:
I play with sporebat.

Monkey > crane imo cause you can fake cast monkey stun, and good priests (are there any left in 70?) will be able to death pet stuns - it's pretty obvious when a hunter's pet runs at you from africa heh

Rmtr @ Frostmourne - Community - World of Warcraft - missing JC neck (hard khorium choker), jc ring (Hard Khorium band)

and hyjal ring (band of the eternal champion)

hard khorium band gets nerfed hella hard when squish rolls and is not worth the time and mats cost, buy the vendor ring angelista's revenge

choker is not worth is either, as of now imo it's not BIS, only to players wanting full purple, SWP neck is better in WOD. JC necklace of the deep is best now and in WOD

one would think higher level expac end raid items "should" be at least slightly better than mid level or starter epics, but that though did escape blizzard based on alpha data base, hopefully the saying everything is subject to change, i certainly hope so

choker is not worth is either, as of now imo it's not BIS, only to players wanting full purple, SWP neck is better in WOD. JC necklace of the deep is best now and in WOD

When gearing my 70s i look at most gem value of the stats rather than something like necklace of the deep where it gives you allot of a stat but not allot of stats, As for WoD ill work out what to use when its released rather than base it on alpha/beta information, anyway heres my thing i made when 5.4 first came out to decide which neck i wanted.

Necklace of the Deep
21 agi - 2.1 agi gems
20 stam - 1.3 Stam gems
2 sockets
5.4 gem value
---------------
Brutal
39 Stam - 2.6 Stam gems
26 Crit - 1.3 crit gems
58 att - aprox 29 agi worth - roughly 2.5 gems (caus crit loss)
1 socket
7.4 gem value
---------------
Hard Khorium
42 stam - 2.8 stam gems
22 crit - 1.1 crit gems
29 haste - 1.45 haste gems
58 att - aprox 29 agi worth - roughly 2.5 gems (caus crit loss)
1 socket
8.85 gem value

What?...

The op clearly states that he's looking for BiS for arena. Let's compare necklace of the deep to the choker in arena:

EUoZ1WB.png

Link

It's not even a matter of opinion. The choker is just way better.

Now, I've noticed that you spend a lot of time talking about battleground scaling on this forum, so maybe you're talking about battlegrounds?
Let's do the same comparison but in a bg setting (aka lvl74 with WotLK gems):

zw7IjZQ.png

Link

A bit closer, but the obvious choice is still the choker.

necklace of the deep...gives more stam with two 15 stam gems in a arena and gives more AP with two 20 agility gems in a BG

surprized no one has recommended the eng goggles for arenas, actually most common used helm

necklace of the deep...gives more stam with two 15 stam gems in a arena and gives more AP with two 20 agility gems in a BG

surprized no one has recommended the eng goggles for arenas, actually most common used helm

Only reason necklace of the deep was ever used was because it gave more agility with the old style of gems. Even in cata it wasn't better than the JWC neck, but for some reason people put a hugevalue on primaries then.

It's strong, but not nearly as strong as you're saying. The Hard Khorium Choker can be socketed with a stamina gem too, just fyi.

I see people use a lot of random shit pets.. but the pet meself(disc priest) is scared of, is the monkey... The money toss banana thing is really freaking good for traps :c

but in generel hunters are really stronk, i would say they lack in surviving.. But yea, squishy.. but the dmg output with the CC is great!

Users who are viewing this thread