How will warbands work when an account is locked in TWW?

A pretty simple question that could have many answers and could honestly create numerous follow-up questions when the new Xpac arrives.

First off, I came back to Wow to play my lvl 20 during the pre-patch event for the ring and mount, and when I realized Blizz gave us some free-to-play days, I jumped at the opportunity to organize and prepare for when my account gets locked again and I'm restricted to my lvl 20s. I now have the dilemma of what I should store in my Warband bank??? because if we can transfer items between our lvl 20s on a locked account, that changes the game BIG TIME for things like professions, as well as if gold farming could become a thing (I've been pooling all my gold together on my account).

now, I wouldn't be surprised if all I just mentioned is irrelevant because Blizz hates us and will deactivate warbands on locked accounts, but if that is not the case then I'm hoping this community can answer these types of questions, cuz man if Blizz is willing to bless us with warbands then the lvl 20 lifestyle could be incredibly fun!!!

Also, anyone kinda hyped for lvl 20 evokers, should shake up the low lvl pvp a bit :D

Bank Alt’s are back…. Unless ur loaded and can unlock all the Warbank tabs.

For us poorer Vets / F2P, unlock 1 tab then set up some bank alts and load them up. The Warbank is our transfer station / mailbox :PepeLaughW:

Like the OP, I’m hoping they don’t detect all the fun and limit it for us.

a thought for unsubbed and F2P? initially you have to use your 1000g cap to get a tab. has anyone on any account like deposited gold equal to the cost of tab2 then logged a player with not enough gold, tested to buy tab 2 from the balance in the warbank?

i bought the 2 month deal they had, so i have some play for 2-3 weeks. i am on my attached F2P account depositing some items and gold. also vendoring alot of mechagon items. so far half way thru and already hit 22K gold in WB

warbank was working before they gave us the free time, i already bought 3 tabs, but inside are all crappy reagents

Another side effect for Vets with a sub, you can do personal crafting orders on the F2P account character, the caveat is the Vet has to be on the same realm and use the crafting order option.

Why this being mentioned here, I noticed with some crafting or trying to buy something with materials in the shared-account bank that is sometimes bugs out on the F2P. For crafting a personal order, it shows craft able in the craft order, but the character cannot create the order because they have to have the materials in their inventory for it to work. Same deal with buying an unlock item with mats, the mats that are in the shared-bank show that the item is purchasable but when trying to purchase say (paraphrasing) "you do not meet the requirements to purchase".

I will also note that the materials in the character bank/regent bank were working but I haven't tested this with crafting orders or purchasing DF items with materials. I basically used the first tab of the shared-bank to exchange mostly materials to my other F2P so most of the materials were in the shared-bank tab, especially the DF ones.

The first tab unlocked mentioned, was working with F2P without the Vet gametime.

I am also not sure how Blizzard could lock the share-bank without breaking Warband, but I bet if they mimic the guild bank access it could be applied to the shared-bank in the future. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread