How to set up a Twink Power Level: Retail (TO BE REMOVED)

Hi there.

One quick note I would like to add regarding using Island expeditions for power leveling. While you can use the noted methods above to get in the same group, while preventing your party members from getting the XP reduction debuff, no special tricks or macro shenanigans are needed if you have a twink that you have not logged onto for a while.

You may have noticed the red bandana xpoff buff will drop off your buff bar if you have not logged into your xpoff character for a long time (I have not confirmed the exact time frame, but it seems to be in the range of a few days or more. I have been logged off for 12+ hours and still not had it fall off).

When this occurs, you will still have XP disabled, and the buff on your bar will reappear if you enter an instanced dungeon, but as long as the red bandana icon is gone after a period of inactivity, it will not transfer the debuff to players you have manually partied with in the open world or in Islands.

This includes private Island expedition tours that you manually queue for with party members.

The boostee gets both the end of Island XP boost, and XP from all the mobs you kill while in the island. Plus, private island queues are instant and are super fast to finish, I boosted a mage all the way from 10-59 in like 2 days of casual private islands.

As long as you do not enter an instance on the XPoff character, the buff never re apears on your buff bar from what I can tell, this applies to open world grouped content as well. You can use hyperspawns to boost really fast as well, mostly AFK, again as long as the red bandana bar has fallen off your xpoff character due to inactivity.

I would love a more accurate estimate of how long it takes for the buff to actually fall off, I am currently waiting for it to fall off my druid again, but I only waited like 12 hours last time. I am waiting like 2-3 days this time just to be sure while I test different lengths of time on other non important characters.

Users who are viewing this thread