How to NOT level?

noamchomsky

Legend
My old L29 twink is parked outside Org. So I went into Org, trying to find the guy that allows me to turn off xp. Now that the new content has been introduced (patch 4.0.3) it causes my guy to gain xp and he leveled to 30.

So I immediately deleted that toon in hopes that Blizz would restore it at level 29.

If Blizz restores it at L29, how can I get xp turned off w/o gaining xp by running through Org? Thanks!

maybe get a warlock to summon you to the war room?

Check with an alt and see if discovering the war room gives you xp

If I remember correctly, when a warlock summons you you don't gain exploration exp until you move. That was a looong time ago, you could always just play it safe and open up tickets until you get a gm to buy it for you.

I'm really sorry to hear your toon leveled up, unfortunatly blizz will just have it restored to level 30. And they dont put you back a level no matter what. A old friend of mine had his acount hacked and they leveled his toon from 19 too 20, 2 shadowfangs, 2 AGMs, fishing hat, fishing boots, and 2 ABs. They did nothing for him. :[

i had similar, but i got lucky

all my twinks on arathor have been locked since xp lock was introduced.

when patch 4.0.1 was dropped.. all my twinks were unlocked xp.. and put at 1xp point short of lvl 20. (even though many of them were WELL short of 20 before i locked them). I had to go back into town and lock xp again to avoid the accidental ding.

with the cataclysm patch.. the 2 major cities (horde and alliance) where you can lock xp have been changed... and as such reward xp for "discovery".

this coupled with the forced unlock leaves me only one conclusion

my only assumption can be that this is a deliberate and premeditated action on the part of bliz to force-ding any twinks that were not played during the interim period. (ie. anyone that cancelled their memberships due to frustratoin and/or went months without playing will have NO choice but to ding their twinks as soon as they try to lock)

yet another reason to cancel my membership

file a ticket. thats really your only course of action. tell blizz that you already paid to have your xp turned off and the patch reset it, and you're sick of putting up with their glitchy crap.

chienna said:
all my twinks on arathor have been locked since xp lock was introduced.

when patch 4.0.1 was dropped.. all my twinks were unlocked xp.. and put at 1xp point short of lvl 20. (even though many of them were WELL short of 20 before i locked them). I had to go back into town and lock xp again to avoid the accidental ding.

with the cataclysm patch.. the 2 major cities (horde and alliance) where you can lock xp have been changed... and as such reward xp for "discovery".

this coupled with the forced unlock leaves me only one conclusion

my only assumption can be that this is a deliberate and premeditated action on the part of bliz to force-ding any twinks that were not played during the interim period. (ie. anyone that cancelled their memberships due to frustratoin and/or went months without playing will have NO choice but to ding their twinks as soon as they try to lock)

yet another reason to cancel my membership

Ok I'm pretty sure this wasn't a sinister plot by Blizz to level twinks. Get real.

chienna said:
.. and put at 1xp point short of lvl 20.

Can confirm this for my level 18 twink which I unlocked after last patch to level to 19. Luckily it was only one twink.

Missboom said:
Ok I'm pretty sure this wasn't a sinister plot by Blizz to level twinks. Get real.

Yeah, agreed

srsly why u think devillzard changed org and stormwind?? u rly think they care about lore? no its becuse tinks turn xp off in these citys and devilzard HATES tinks srsly their tapping ur phones and their stalking u everywhere right now theres blizard gamemaster reading this thred and traking ur IP adres and if u say bad thing about them the will come to ur house and eliminate u probly i will be ded tomorow cuz writing this coment and if i ded somone pls tell geen zaptos i love him okay !!!

The pre-cata event made the xp cap npc disappear, so i was just pissing around org and stumbled into an elemental. The fucker died an made me ding. :/

I made a ticket explaining this (didnt even know event mobs gave xp etc) but i was denied, and probably laughed at by the GMs at the office :/

Cashmar said:
The pre-cata event made the xp cap npc disappear, so i was just pissing around org and stumbled into an elemental. The fucker died an made me ding. :/

I made a ticket explaining this (didnt even know event mobs gave xp etc) but i was denied, and probably laughed at by the GMs at the office :/

so keep filing tickets till you get de-leveled. omgmom did it, a couple other 19 twinks are floating around in wow-space with the level 20 achivement.

I've said it before, i'll say it again: Bitch, bitch, and bitch some more til someone does what you tell them to. Its bullshit to get your xp turned back on after you paid to get it turned off.

If I'm reading this right I can buy my XP off turn it back on and get a free level? What's to keep me from leveling an alt this way?

Megamann said:
If I'm reading this right I can buy my XP off turn it back on and get a free level? What's to keep me from leveling an alt this way?

I don't know where you got this idea, but you're an idiot for coming up with it.

Megamann said:

wrong.... your reading this wrong

he leveled from some xp he got discovering something and wantes to be DE-leveled so it would be a poor way to level your alt

Grunge said:
so keep filing tickets till you get de-leveled. omgmom did it, a couple other 19 twinks are floating around in wow-space with the level 20 achivement.

I've said it before, i'll say it again: Bitch, bitch, and bitch some more til someone does what you tell them to. Its bullshit to get your xp turned back on after you paid to get it turned off.

This is pretty much your only chance. When one GM says he cant do it, go over his head and ask to talk to his manager or something.

Thought this was going to be a newb thread but it turned out very informative. Thanks for letting us know that zones get rediscovered.

Users who are viewing this thread