Helplessly lost with a 60 Warrior

Hurrr

Legend
I have a 60 warrior in the process of twinking. As far as Spec, Gemming, and Weapons go I have no idea what to do. I was thinking of the following setups:

375/375 JC/Eng for all of them.

* ArP Fury Crits: Double Bonereavers Edge + Executioner + ArP Trinket, then stack Crit gems.

* ArP Fury Max: Double Bonereavers Edge + Executioner + ArP Trinket, then stack ArP gems.

* Some kind of balanced set

* WSG Panzer Prot: Mag'hai Fighting Claw + Elementium Shield + Sonic Boosters, then stack Stam gems.

I'm almost certain that I'm going to go Panzer Prot as one of my specs, but I'm helplessly lost as to what I should do for my 2nd spec.

This also happens to be my first warrior.

I'm lazy and high so passing this on from another of my posts;

First of - make sure you're on a classic account. These accounts provide HUGE advantages over normal accounts - you get to join 51-59(60) AV and will be able to play regularly in the normal BG's as opposed to anyone with locked XP.

But gearwise;

Well - warriors have it easy; Get a bit of the tier 2.5 from AQ40 and combine it with either the HWL (Grand Marshal?) weapons or Dark Edge of Insanity from C'thun. Basically every BWL and upwards weapon works, but that's definately the better ones out there.

The World of Warcraft Armory - Thunderhero @ The Maelstrom - Profile <-- Changes gear quite abit, but he's completely classic geared.

The World of Warcraft Armory - P <-- Usually wearing some classic prot gear, but if you catch him in his TBC gear he's got like 14k hp UB.

Most characters find themselves using the TBC-trial in order to skill up professions to 375 or 450 in some cases. Furthermore you can do several quests in order to get a lot of sockets and several items from ramparts are very useful.

character planner . warr lvl 60 - chardev.org <-- a quick reference to show the use of gems and how much they mean to your character if used properly (100% armor penetration @ 60 :< )

Why settle with a 'decent' weapon compared to some of the ueber stuff out there? It's amazingly easy to get an AQ40 group running, so just get started!

Oh and just my five cents - don't go fury. It's lol, I know most people have far more problems with arms warriors compared to fairy ones ;)

yea...i tried fury, didnt like it. did less dps on lvl 60 dummy too. granted my gear wasnt the best, and dummy is a lot diff from pvp - but it just wasnt for me

i would also suggest not relying on so many procs to get arp capped. gem for it and fill in the rest with a bonereavers edge or something - but be aware its not reliable. 100% hard cap is a lot better than trying to soft cap.

dark edge of insanity is my dream wep. 3 ingots from sulfuron hammer as well, then gotta get the eye.

or black blade of sharam (sp) from ubrs is fun

50 hit or 5% for special attacks. white caps are like 8% for a 2h...and what 26% for dual wield

Just a note for warriors: depending on your playstyle most don't like fury at 60 in Cata they said that they want to bring fury back to duel 1h's (might have changed since I saw post) which will be fun. I am duel specced on my 60 warrior arms/prot ATM and typically I like prot better, more dps, more survivability, and more fun.

they are bringing back DW 1hs in cata. no idea why honestly, but TG is gone and replaced with a 1h talent. so......if you havent even tried TG yet, might want to b/c it only lasted this expansion. GG blizz

Falkor said:
they are bringing back DW 1hs in cata. no idea why honestly, but TG is gone and replaced with a 1h talent. so......if you havent even tried TG yet, might want to b/c it only lasted this expansion. GG blizz

I personally think it's a good change. o_O

wh y?

Users who are viewing this thread