*Help* sunwell pugs

Naxxramaskid

Everybody Hates Naxxkid
Wsup guys i'm currently playing on Korgath(medium)+Illidan(full).

On both server it's impossible to find 85s for a sunwel group.

Even with offering gold+free rolls noone seems to be interested.

How do u guys manage to get people interested in a sunwel raid ?

Anyone know a good server for sunwel pugs ?

i usually target the ppl who came in previous raids. theyre mostly the ppl from the better guilds on the server.

I lead weekly Sunwell PuGs, starting off with a trade chat ad macro similar to, "Let's blow the doors off the [Sunwell Plateau]! Need a tank, two healers, and dps -- come get your achievement, maybe a rare recipe, and open rolls on all drops!" The linked achievement is the first impression you can give to someone that you know the raid.

That ad attracts four kinds of people: the rare person who hasn't gotten their achievement yet, the completionist recipe seekers (At least one drops almost every run. Often two or three drop.) people looking to gear up for both their 70s and for roleplay, and people who want the legendary bow for the achieve or for whatever reason.

Each time someone gets on board, I ask them in raid chat what role they want if they haven't already told me, and then I mark their role accordingly (right-click, choose role, etc.). When I fill a role's capacity, I alter my trade chat macro to not ask for that role, plus I vary my lead-in sentence. Little touches like that show your experience. So, my next variation may be, "Come take a tour of the [Sunwell Plateau]! Need one more healer and some dps -- get your achievement, maybe a rare recipe, and open rolls on all drops!"

When Sunwell is a popular raid on a server, you can reserve gear. If your server is like mine, there's little interest in the raid. Offering up gear for open rolls attracts more people who would otherwise ignore the ad.

When I have everyone (and it has to be everyone, to prevent loot drama) ready to go, I say, "Loot rules are as follows; open rolls! That means greed everything, and need on upgrades or RP gear." If the PuG seems friendly, I might add "We do have some lower levels looking to gear up, and I'd love to see them get a couple of pieces". I never mention twinking, because while many 80-85s really are happy to help carry some 70s through a raid if the 70s remain gracious, the word "twink" brings up too much baggage with too many people.

Be very careful not to spam trade chat repeatedly. Keep a respectful interval between your postings.

Most importantly, don't tolerate bad behavior. When you do get bad behavior, it usually comes from your dps, not your tank or heals. One bad apple can ruin a raid, so always overstock your raid with dps in case one drops or you need to eject one. If someone objects to having "too many people", tell them you want a couple of extra in case something happens and one or two need to go, because no one will want to join a half-complete raid. That usually backs off anyone looking to run slim.

Tell them you'll explain boss fights before they happen, and keep the explanations short. For example:

"For the first boss, do NOT dps right away. Wait until the portal comes up, everyone pile in, and we'll burn down the shadow boss to minimal health. Then when we get back out of the portal, we'll burn down the dragon."

"Otherwise, the boss bugs, and we have to wipe it. Clear?"

"Second boss is tank and spank, but don't stand next to each other after he dies. Otherwise you'll spread fire to your teammates. And do NOT pull the dragon when she appears after the second boss dies."

Now, for loot. I don't master loot, but rather keep the rolls open just like a normal instance run. This does three things. First, it makes life a lot easier for you. No need to ask for rolls, and resolve who got what. People know that it really is luck of the draw. Second, it makes it look like the raid is chock full of loot. 13-15 people running a 25-person raid? Stuff drops almost every pull. Third, you can roll last, and that way you can see who is winning the loot, and if someone is abusing the system by needing on everything, and so forth.

If someone starts complaining about not getting loot or unfair loot distribution, I say that there's more loot to come, and that they're welcome to try to negotiate with any loot winners for gear they really want. Sunwell is one of the raids that you can trade BoP gear to any raid member for two hours after winning the gear.

Next week I'll lead my 14th PuG Sunwell on my 74, thanks to Felmyst STILL not dropping the pants I need. I built up a few regular recipe hunters who know me now, as well as a couple of 70s who understand how to be respectful about getting carried, so that they can gear up. Likewise, I've gotten to know a couple of rude mooches and a couple of "I know it all and try to usurp the raid" types, and I steer clear of them.

On the worst days, people pick at each other and bicker, and mess up boss encounters because they're not listening. As long as you have enough dps and heals, you'll still finish. On the best days, the raid runs like butter, loot drops left and right, everyone's excited, and at the end they ask you if you're going to run anything else.

At which point you take them to Black Temple. :)

I would Quote that wall of text and insert a witty comment but its making my head hurt just looking at it..

How I normally went about it was I would just spam this macro.

/2 LFM for {Skull}[Sunwell Plateau]!{Skull} Come get your achievements, 300g in boss drops, T6/Vanity Gear!!!, Free rolls on the Legendary Bow!! Need "X" more!! Pst!

Basically spam that till you want to cry and then grit your teeth and keep going, normally takes me like 25-45 minutes to get a group.

You should always roll with 12-15 and at least 3/4 of the raid should be 80+. Get at least one 85 healer and one 80+ Tank helps too but isn't required, any 85 any spec/class can take a 70 raid.

Blizzards Ninja policy basically states that if you don't specifically state in chat or in your Trade macro the loot rules, your free to ML what you want as the ML/Raid Leader. Because there was no Loot agreement stated ahead of time in the "PuG". Most raids will insist you keep ML to prevent random classes taking items they wont use or can't use. So just Set loot to epic, Give yourself Master Loot, and have fun riding the free loot wave.

If this doesn't work for you then either your sever sucks, or people just don't like you, Possibly both. Good luck ;)

Usually I just try to get friends to join the raid first to see what spots I have left to fill, then I go to trade. Linking thori'dal in my trade advertisement helps attract people. I usually only take a few 70's(ones that I know) and if other 70's want to join I usually request they have a lvl 80-85 come with them to help speed up the run. I also usually wait till summons are going out to invite 70's, some people leave right away after seeing a 70 in group because they view it as carrying. It's never easy to get my Sunwell group going since I play on a medium pop server, but patience usually pays off and we're able to get in there.

Frankdrebin said:
Wsup guys i'm currently playing on Korgath(medium)+Illidan(full).

On both server it's impossible to find 85s for a sunwel group.

Even with offering gold+free rolls noone seems to be interested.

How do u guys manage to get people interested in a sunwel raid ?

Anyone know a good server for sunwel pugs ?

I Play on korgath alliance on one of my 85s also i played there for like 2years.

I can get 6 geared people in like 2-3minutes during peak thatll do sunwell

Liking a lot of the comments in this thread! When I run sunwell, I recruit on my 85, that way I can say 80+ With out looking like a 70 looking for a free carry. I recruit till I have at at least 10 85 dps, + one 85 tank and one 85 healer, I also invite any 70 mates that want to come, after that I pass lead to a mate and log my 70, then have lead passed back, ends up being no more then 3 70s in the raid, and then we good to go. My 70 is a heals, so me + the 85 healer can easy dual heal the whole thing. As long as the whole team listens, and kills Fel before she flies, it's a smooth raid. All I need is spirit wand, Fel's spirit pants and the spirit gloves from Kil'J and I'm done with that joint!

Soberlolz said:
I Play on korgath alliance on one of my 85s also i played there for like 2years.

I can get 6 geared people in like 2-3minutes during peak thatll do sunwell

Soberlol orc warrior. is that you too ?

Good answers so far. Problem is i have no 85+ don't know anyone @Korgath Horde.

Even if i find 8-10 85's. Most of the peope go afk/offline or just leave the group.

Frankdrebin said:
Soberlol orc warrior. is that you too ?

Good answers so far. Problem is i have no 85+ don't know anyone @Korgath Horde.

Even if i find 8-10 85's. Most of the peope go afk/offline or just leave the group.

It is I run this weekly on my Priest Alliance side and warrior horde side.

bring my druid to sunwell on korgath allyyyyyyyy

40minute clear including LF a healer because my healer had to do somethin irl.

8manned happy fun times

got Frank his OH from Brutallus.

since i roll with like 6 ppl, dps need to be good on felmyst. The one time we wiped, i got a 27k dps rogue to carry us past felmyst.

sober you already did a run today? bastard, do an alliance run and tell me when so i can gooooooo

Users who are viewing this thread