Help me make up my mind.

toskosa

Veteran
Hello I am toskosa.

Help me finish planning my warlocks gear, I have a few pieces with gf'd enchants and I cant quite make up my mind on what to do going forward.
https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en-us/character/us/dentarg/celtor warlock for reference.

Essentially I am stuck on deciding if I should replace my chest and cloak ( each have stats enchant)
Also I am deciding if I should swap to warforged rings/neck or sacrifice some int for secondaries Right now I am moreso leaning towards blue jewelry for secondaries.
And my pants.
Also curious if anyon has ever gotten a socket proc on things like slipper of serenty? if anyone knows it would save me some trouble of farming a triple socket mindfire belt.

My ideal goal is to keep haste around 30% with around 20-25% crit and the rest into mastery.

Any input would be good I can't make my mind.

Grandfathered enchants are pretty nice to have, but i87 gear even without enchants is going to be an upgrade. And sockets are fun, but for example your belt is picking up +4 int and +5 stats from gems, but you could just wear something like Cord of Arcane Mystery, which would be 1 less int, but 5 more secondary stats, plus the chance to get a socket and/or a tertiary. The good news is that you have a lot of room for upgrades. The bad news is it's mostly the WoD warforged grind.

SL gems speed/heal boost
IS the heal gem really needed for a class that cant die to begin with though?
e your belt is picking up +4 int and +5 stats from gems, but you could just wear something like Cord of Arcane Mystery, which would be 1 less int, but 5 more secondary stats,
The belt I am replacing with a wf for sure I just havent had one drop for my warlock. honestly the biggest two pieces for me are chest and cape.

Look at it this way: if there was an enchant that said “enchant chest +1000 health”, you would use it, right? I would argue that the more survivable you are, the more use you will get out of regeneration because you’ll live long enough for that 10 second tick to happen more often.

The belt I am replacing with a wf for sure I just havent had one drop for my warlock. honestly the biggest two pieces for me are chest and cape.
My druid pull a whole dungeon and won't die.
Though, I found that if you put 2 SL gems in one armor (other than straddling-jewel-doublet and revitalizing-jewel-doublet), only one will count for speed & health.

Last edited:
My druid pull a whole dungeon and won't die.
Though, I found that if you put 2 SL gems in one armor (other than straddling-jewel-doublet and revitalizing-jewel-doublet), only one will count for speed & health.
Is this for PvE content? Then who cares about gearing lol, everything is trivial. For PvP you will absolutely die versus 29s.

Any healing done passively is sole time saved not healing manually thus a dps increase. That said on a warlock I doubt these few HPS would change much to your gameplay. Is it better to have the extra heal rather than 4 versatility gems (not sure it's 4 vers, might be less)? Both won't change much on a lock when in battle.
I would pick the health regen gem because it makes you able to use https://www.wowhead.com/spell=111400/burning-rush for longer, giving better mobility.

On the topic of gearing, I would put the enchanted/gemmed gear in the bank (just in case) and go for WF gear, you'll get more value out of it : more secondaries and as much intellect. Also you can get the https://www.wowhead.com/item=12462/embrace-of-the-wind-serpent?bonus=6712 from the Shade of Hakkar in Sunken Temple which grants a lot more secondaries than a WF chestpiece and https://www.wowhead.com/item=11808/circle-of-flame?bonus=6712 is fairly easy to farm if you want a socketed helmet (it's versatility tho but having some amount of itis always good). For your cloak a WF one will be strictly better.

Power is no issue you could go in ilvl 39 greens and still eat most bosses anyways haha

Good luck getting the right secondaries on your gear :)

For my Destro Lock, the only blue item I equip is Balefire Branch
-Your chest & shoulders are giving you 30 Int + 31 stats (counting 1 SP as 1 Int and the +8 crit set bonus)
-WF shoulders + Embrace of the Wind Serpent = 23 Int + 53 stats -Losing 7 Int to get 22 stats
-Your pants have 17 Int + 15 stats
-WF pants are 13 Int + 26 stats -Losing 4 Int to get 11 stats

Your enchanted cloak is better than WF

WF Bracers, Belt and shoes are better than your current gear (especially if you get socketed bracers, belt)
WF neck (especially with socket) is better than your enchanted neck
WF rings are also better (especially with socket)

For PvE, I like enough haste to make Incinerate a 1.5 sec cast (around 30.2%)
I like Mastery over crit because my Chaos Bolts are always crits anyways and Mastery gives more dmg to my other spells.

As for Circle of Flame, I would rather have socketed WF helm. Mana has never been an issue on the warlock for me.

Last edited:
Maybe I am focusing too had on main stat thanks for the posts everyone.
WF neck (especially with socket) is better than your enchanted neck
Yeah my neck is a relic from before the ilvl changes I am def changing i just havent gotten anything to drop yet.

Users who are viewing this thread