"Have Group Will Travel" being removed

Wut? Dun joke about this.

I kind of like that this makes locks and mages more useful. It always sucks seeing changes that take away stuff from specific classes and gives it to everyone.

This sucks ):

This will come back to haunt you if I find out you're lying :p

I kind of like that this makes locks and mages more useful. It always sucks seeing changes that take away stuff from specific classes and gives it to everyone.

How? It has a 3 hour CD. Mages can't summon to any specific location only major city's. HGWT get's you to any location and doesn't require any one aside from your self. I doubt there are any locks out there who would rather spend time casting a portal then clicking on it over just using HGWT.

How? It has a 3 hour CD. Mages can't summon to any specific location only major city's. HGWT get's you to any location and doesn't require any one aside from your self. I doubt there are any locks out there who would rather spend time casting a portal then clicking on it over just using HGWT.
he's saying it WILL make them more useful as HGWT will no longer be an option.

3 hour cooldown? huh? HGWT is currently 2hrs...lock summons are a 2 minute cooldown. Mage portals are 1 minute CD.

he's saying it WILL make them more useful as HGWT will no longer be an option.

3 hour cooldown? huh? HGWT is currently 2hrs...lock summons are a 2 minute cooldown. Mage portals are 1 minute CD.

True it "would" if they took it out. To me it sounded as if he wanted them to so that they would be more useful. That aside , mage portals are still limited to location and this was mainly mentioning the ability to summon alts for players so locks don't figure in on that.

Is Blizz getting rid of Have Group Will Travel so more ppl play Warlocks?

No, it was more about the shrinking world. Blizzard wants people to get out and enjoy what it's made, versus just sitting in Stormwind waiting for some random raid member to summon you out to the raid.

But as a raiding warlock, I'm not going to complain.

I should also note that we don't know what it's going to get replaced with. Maybe it'll just summon one person or so, maybe it'll be something entirely different. We'll have to wait and see.

Let's not jump to conclusions or jinx it now, ok.

One of the nicest things about being a pure F2P player is that, when I want to go somewhere, I have to travel there.

i disagree with this.

unless you bail on any BG where you have a 24 on your side for fear that may influence the outcome of the game...or for fear that you might benefit from some of their kills (which i would bet you most certainly have), then you too have gotten help from p2p players.

Saying that getting help from a p2p player dilutes the purity of f2p is bananas. i spent hours and hours in Org finding a lift to Hyjal for the Elder coin and getting invited into a group to kill the Headless Horseman. IMO, those were two of my more significant f2p achievements. Yes, p2p carried me in both cases, but finding someone cool enough to help me was a bit of a feat in itself.

about the only thing you can do in this game solo is questing. you can't even dual another player without his help (let alone fight in a BG with 19 other people all effectively helping each other...even the ones on the other team).

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread