Grandfathered Items List for Cataclysm 19-39

CigNus

Bracket Tourist
Administrator
Last edited:
brackets started normal in CATA, but since blizzard rolls classic versions at the last patch on launch and brackets are split like originally happened during VAN Cata. you will be building model cars.

somethings to mention, 49s right now in WOTLK can farm gear they can not equip now, when Cata rolls it can be equipped, you need to enchant it with WOTLK enchants, add sockets to bracers, gloves, and belt if applicable, in Cata they did not go inactive. 49s started off active due to revival in WOTLK, but the above issue started to kill the bracket, the difference in power for those who did not have them was drastic. there was a truce not to use them, but players still did and bracket died

if you are going 29s, 39's there are also items in this situation like the https://www.wowhead.com/classic/item=7687/ironspines-fist you can loot it, can enchant it with +20 agi, +20 str, mongoose, etc BC enchants, drops to a 26 level req on Cata launch then able to equip and enchants stay and worked

there are alot of +35 items now in WOTLK you need to BC pre-enchant before Classic Cata

you will be building model cars.
I'm just gunna say #someChanges and assume they're going to keep the brackets as is and not split them.

Time will tell what happens, but if they don't split brackets, rather get ahead of it. :PepeComfy:

brackets started normal in CATA, but since blizzard rolls classic versions at the last patch on launch and brackets are split like originally happened during VAN Cata. you will be building model cars.

somethings to mention, 49s right now in WOTLK can farm gear they can not equip now, when Cata rolls it can be equipped, you need to enchant it with WOTLK enchants, add sockets to bracers, gloves, and belt if applicable, in Cata they did not go inactive. 49s started off active due to revival in WOTLK, but the above issue started to kill the bracket, the difference in power for those who did not have them was drastic. there was a truce not to use them, but players still did and bracket died

if you are going 29s, 39's there are also items in this situation like the https://www.wowhead.com/classic/item=7687/ironspines-fist you can loot it, can enchant it with +20 agi, +20 str, mongoose, etc BC enchants, drops to a 26 level req on Cata launch then able to equip and enchants stay and worked

there are alot of +35 items now in WOTLK you need to BC pre-enchant before Classic Cata
That's pretty cool info. Do you know of any other items that become available for 29s in Cata that can be enchanted with 35+ enchants?

EDIT: Why doesn't my 'OG' role show despite being toggled on?

Last edited:
I really only did f2p back in cataclysm. Is the 19 bracket still gonna be poppin in cata classic? Not sure what I wanna make in prep for it :thinking:

I don't think we got an exact date but I think some of us estimated June. Fall of the Lich King patch just dropped. We still have Ruby Sanctum and then Pre patch, right?
Yep, looks like June could be on the money! Thanks!

Went ahead and tried this and it doesn't work. The reason why is that Required level takes precedence over Item level in WotLK, in regards to TBC enchants. Ironspine's Fist has a Required level of 30 and an Item level of 35, which means that it's not eligible for 35+ TBC enchants. Maybe it didn't work like that all throughout WotLK back in the day, but it does now.

This - I believe - gets changed in a Cataclysm patch, where whichever is highest out of Item level and Required level takes precedence. At that point it won't matter though since these items will already have had their Required level and Item level lowered below the 35 threshold.

Last edited:
blizzard said awhile back that classic wow was built on the patch 8.x client. also classic version are launched with full patches included.
this explains why classic versions are so much easier

this is probably why in the $100000 classic WOW duel tourney +resistances did not work. by the time MOP patch 5.0.4 rolled all resistance enchants were removed, however if you had items with +resist enchants they were GFd and still worked. there was a warlock twink named Dory from BH that whined alot about the +5 resist all or +10 shadow resist to cloak enchant in the 19 bracket, doing threads on wow forums to get it removed. +the resists actually worked occasionally negating fears and dots, along with reducing damage of some shadow. spell etc casters

during the 100K comp, the mage had way more than +5-10 shadow, etc. resist enchants/gear/etc. he was in the like +200 range, none of it worked

in OG BC i faced a NE rogue +10 nature resist racial, he had +7 resist all on cloak, two charged gear rings +5arc/nat resist, and gnomeregon +5 arc resist emisary cuff bracers. i had to use duel crippling poison just to get a better chance to land and most did not land. he was hard for the casters on our team to deal with. because +resistance enchants/gear worked

that all being said, transition thru the classic versions are not guaranteed as they were in van/OG versions

Users who are viewing this thread