Goose instead of 20+ agi

On my 39 rogue twink im thinking of putting goose on Vanquisher's instead of 20+ agi because i cant find the chant or the chanter to do it? Is it worth it or should i wait?

Twinkytoes said:
No get 20 Agil. Much better.

i have a question. if i already have mongoose on my Vanq sword (twas a gift) should i just stick with it or overwrite it with +20 agi?

grumpee said:
i have a question. if i already have mongoose on my Vanq sword (twas a gift) should i just stick with it or overwrite it with +20 agi?

Get +20 agi. If you're going to make a twink, make it the best it can be. Btw, why don't you just pay for +20 agi? It's not expensive.

threeptone said:
Get +20 agi. If you're going to make a twink, make it the best it can be. Btw, why don't you just pay for +20 agi? It's not expensive.

oh gold isnt really that big of a problem. i haven't been able to play for a while now. i always read so many posts on different rogue weps and they always said that a Sacrifical kris with +20 agi was better than a vanq sword. if that has changed since ive been able to play then as soon as i get back ill make the appropriate changes.

edit- as my sig says untalented rogue lol

grumpee said:
oh gold isnt really that big of a problem. i haven't been able to play for a while now. i always read so many posts on different rogue weps and they always said that a Sacrifical kris with +20 agi was better than a vanq sword. if that has changed since ive been able to play then as soon as i get back ill make the appropriate changes.

edit- as my sig says untalented rogue lol

Poison procs are now Proc Per Minute (PPM) based so weapon speed is no longer an issue with your off-hand weapon. Get the highest damage / weapon with most useable stats and enchant it with whatever you want (though generally it's agreed you want a proc in the main hand and a static boost in the off-hand).

-X

Xailter said:
Poison procs are now Proc Per Minute (PPM) based so weapon speed is no longer an issue with your off-hand weapon. Get the highest damage / weapon with most useable stats and enchant it with whatever you want (though generally it's agreed you want a proc in the main hand and a static boost in the off-hand).

-X

yea i didn't know that, thanks for the info. im pretty sure i need to make lots of changes to my rogue once i get back

its not that i cant afford it, it's that my swerver is severely underpopulated about enchanters and a chanter with soulfrost or 20+ agi is nonexistant.

would stacking a super amount of hit change this? as well as using a slow offhand such as stonevault bonebreaker with goose, hitting for more white dps and possibly increasing the proc of goose, assuming its ppm...? seems to make sense to me.... just a thought anyways

Mongoose, hands down. I used to be part of the *consistency* school, but here is what you have to consider. The whole idea of duel goose is to get the very best uptime on mongoose - NOT to get duel goose. It is a myth that off-hand procs 24% less only - this applies to both main and offhand white hits. Mongoose is still procing from white attacks and poison proccs on offhand at -24% + your hit. Off-hands procs are around half again, so for arguments sake, that drives is up to 1.5ppm. Or around 33% uptime a minute. 20 agility is never going to do anything for you, statistically it might save your neck 1 in every 50 fights. Mongoose, however, is such a huge jump in defence (10% dodge) and offence (7% crit + 120ap) that it can change games.

Any rogue worth his salt in this bracket is running with tigerstrike + stealth, gem-studded belt, possibly engineering goggles + hit cap. Our damage is gimped to start out with (most rogues nowhere near 500ap and 20% crit), 20agi is not going to bring us up to a competitive level. Most of our damage should be coming from bleeds, and control. When mongoose does proc it puts us well over 300dps, so we can actually hemo hard. It's not usually the AP contribution, but the crits that we notice.

Any priest who has had the pleasure of a rogue hitting on them with duel mongoose knows it's pretty much game over. It won't happen often, but when it does most rogues are looking at 30% crit, 40% dodge, and well over 600ap - that's arms warrior level.

elesian said:
Most of our damage should be coming from bleeds, and control. When mongoose does proc it puts us well over 300dps, so we can actually hemo hard. It's not usually the AP contribution, but the crits that we notice.

Any priest who has had the pleasure of a rogue hitting on them with duel mongoose knows it's pretty much game over. It won't happen often, but when it does most rogues are looking at 30% crit, 40% dodge, and well over 600ap - that's arms warrior level.

as we apply bleeds as openers most of the time -> 20agi is the greater boost.

pls do not talk about double goose...it just dont happen enough to be worth the itemization.besides this, vanq is an AP statstick...20agi is by far the best chant.

it can be a tactical move to use double goose in arena for a targetchange after proc...to get a huge burst on a specific target...or just to get a huge burst. but in that case hordes for example should use a [item]Nordic Longshank[/item] or anyone a [item]Stonevault Bonebreaker[/item]. wasting the perfect AP statstick for goose is hands down not the best choice.

because of no OH instants there is no chance to get more than 1PPM on that. even with a lil hit over cap...or lets say capped for nelfs -> 7% you will still miss 17%.

-> 1PPM -> 120agi 15sec -> 0,25*120 -> 30*0,83 -> 24,9

lets keep in mind that some seconds of uptime are wasted most of the time, or you can be CCed during it...

-> 20static > 24,9triggered

having a goose OH in your bags to use it at a tactical move is a very good choice, but i dont think, that vanq is the right weapon for that.

As a priest, I can say that its not the mongoose procs that win that fight. Rogues with 20agi or only single Mongoose in the MH can beat a priest as well. Playing the fight properly is more important than relying on procs.

I like Bansils argument beyond that though.

For rogue vs rogue or rogue vs warrior having a weapon chain on the OH isnt a bad idea either.

Users who are viewing this thread