Waist-Girdle of the Blindwatcher 7 Sta 8 Int

Legs-Smelting Pants 8 Sta +8 Armor

Feet-Spidersilk Boots 4 Sta 4 Int +7 Sta

Finger1-Lorekeepers Ring 2 Sta 5SP 3mp5

Finger2-Lavishly Jeweled Ring 6 Int

Trinket1-Insignia of the Alliance

Trinket2- Arena Grand Master 12 Sta

Weapon Options

Smites Reaver 2 Str 3 Sta +30 Spellpower -Arctic Buckler 3 Sta 8 Spi +Vitality 1241HP 1116Mana

Evocators Blade 4 Int 2 Spi +22 Intellect -Arctic Buckler 3 Sta 8 Spi +Vitality 1211HP 1536Mana

Glacial Stone +20 Spirit –Arctic Buckler 3 Sta 8 Spi +Vitality 1211HP 1116 Mana

Talents

2/2 in Earths Grasp

2/2 in Improved Ghost Wolf

3/5 in Ancestral Knowledge

3/5 in Thundering Strikes

Major Glyph: Glyph of Stoneclaw Totem

Minor Glyph: Glyph of Ghost Wolf

Any suggestions? Tips on how to play a shaman?

Thank you

1st twink said:
character planner . shammy . chardev seven

Head-Lucky Fishing Hat 15 Sta

Neck-Thick Bronxe Necklace 3 Sta

Shoulders-Talbar Mantle 3 Sta 6 Int

Back-Spidersilk Drape 4 Sta 4SP +5 All Resistances

Chest-Robe of the Moccasin 6 Sta 6 Spi +100 Health

Wrist-Wranglers Wristbands of the Eagle 3 Int 3 Sta +15 Spellpower

Hands-Magefist Gloves 3 Sta 5 Int 4 Spi +16 Spellpower

Waist-Girdle of the Blindwatcher 7 Sta 8 Int

Legs-Smelting Pants 8 Sta +8 Armor

Feet-Spidersilk Boots 4 Sta 4 Int +7 Sta

Finger1-Lorekeepers Ring 2 Sta 5SP 3mp5

Finger2-Lavishly Jeweled Ring 6 Int

Trinket1-Insignia of the Alliance

Trinket2- Arena Grand Master 12 Sta

Weapon Options

Smites Reaver 2 Str 3 Sta +30 Spellpower -Arctic Buckler 3 Sta 8 Spi +Vitality 1241HP 1116Mana

Evocators Blade 4 Int 2 Spi +22 Intellect -Arctic Buckler 3 Sta 8 Spi +Vitality 1211HP 1536Mana

Glacial Stone +20 Spirit –Arctic Buckler 3 Sta 8 Spi +Vitality 1211HP 1116 Mana

Talents

2/2 in Earths Grasp

2/2 in Improved Ghost Wolf

3/5 in Ancestral Knowledge

3/5 in Thundering Strikes

Major Glyph: Glyph of Stoneclaw Totem

Minor Glyph: Glyph of Ghost Wolf

Any suggestions? Tips on how to play a shaman?

Thank you

Not bad, but the 3% crit isn't worth it. Stick with 3 in the healing wave talent. Glacial Stone is a 2h, so no shield with it. Use Razor's Edge if you want a weapon to regen with.

Theres no such thing as a perfect shaman these days. the fact that shamans have so many different gear options along with their variety of moves is what makes them the versatile class they are.

kablam said:
Theres no such thing as a perfect shaman these days. the fact that shamans have so many different gear options along with their variety of moves is what makes them the versatile class they are.

Erhm. No. And for the sake of 10 letters... no.

kablam said:
If you're going to argue that one particular gear set-up is superior to others then your just stubborn.

Haha, if you can't see that there's a BiS even for shamans, you're the stubborn here mate :)

Shaman gear sets are similar in most respects except that some tend to stack more int or Sp or stam. Regardless there are certain item that i consider BiS and should not be deviated from no matter the situation, these include spidersilk drape, spidersilk boots, advisor/lorekeeper's ring, shoulders of elements and a couple others. There are some slots that you get alittle bit of choice in; DWB and smelting pants, 2nd ring option, bracers and their enchants etc, but most slots demand a certain piece if you dont want to gimp yourself, like vitality on arctic, jutebraid etc.

The only real variety a shaman gets is in the balance of mana and dmg he holds and this can only be viably juggled in certain slots.

Regarding the build you have, it looks good but i would recommend evocator's blade for you spirit weapon and 5hit on boots since missing=/=cool. Also i would swap out your gloves for goldflecked and use a toughened leather chest piece. Swap your chest and gloves around and you'll gain 1int, 3stam at the expense of a wee bit of spirit. Also as orcgasm says, you wont notice the 3% crit much, but faster heals can be game breaking, and you will be healing enough to make use of it.

Ok thanks for all your help.

Im going to get Razor's Edge instead of Gacial Stone, and go with 3 on imp. Healing wave. Ill pick up Gold-Flecked gloves and the toughened armor. Just to experiment a little.:)

here's a nice example aswell

[char=eu-Burning+Blade]Thenoble[/char]

spellpower + int build that is

ive got a shaman that ive been playing on for awhile now and although i crit around 700 heals the 2.5sec cast isnt really worth it in my opionion. too many times someones died because they die before i can finish casting or they move too far away from me. right now im experimenting with an all leather/stam FC build and i think that this will be much more realistic then trying to heal in the 19 bracket. just my thoughts though.

Users who are viewing this thread