Good luck those fishing today!

Anyone got one of the three rare fish post-pandashitstorm?

They changed quite a bit so just want to make sure you can still get them.
Someone linked a Brownell's Blue Striped Racer in chat a couple minutes ago.

we saw 2 Keefers and 2 Dezans (LFH and Line) on Aggramar EU.

edit: among those in F2P chat

WoWScrnShot_120212_224457.jpg

Not alot of people fishing on Draka. I got 2nd and 3rd place on two different toons and the lucky fishing hat on both. The BoA ring only scales to 3 stamina at lvl 20.

So I read in the El's comments that where you turn the fish in determines your place in the contest, not your home realm, so it should be easy enough with p2p help to get any of the rewards in as little a single try

Thanks for the reports guys; good to know. Now I just need to be online during the event. Carving out wow time on sundays for me is harder than shaving a hipster.

ikr! my server group has the fishing tourney at 5 sunday... no time at all :c

Well no, you can only get crz'd to a realm when the person is higher level than you because 90s were abusing it to rep farm cloud serpent eggs. So you would need a p2p to make an 20+ on the target low pop realm (or multiple realms), and try hard in the contest, if you can win on your realm then gg, but if people have already won the rewards you want you then have 2 p2ps (one on your realm and one on the target realm) group you together in order to crz you to the target realm.

Assuming El's is correct this should be an easy way to get fishing stuff, similar to how we snagged earl an agm in less than 2 days with crz.
I would be happy to help with this on the Aerie Peak side, as well as on Korgath. (the grouping, not leveling 20s on low pop realms)

the post from El's:
PST for all US realms, except Oceanic realms, which will run the contest at 14:00 Australian EST.
This implies that winning is determined by the realm you complete the quest on, not your home realm. Maybe the quests are simply weekly, so wherever you complete a winning quest, that character cannot complete that quest again during the same week: For example, you could switch to an Oceanic realm (via a CRZ group) and complete the winning quest there, and therefore must not be able to compete again on a US realm later in the day. (Obviously you cannot store fish between events either, because the time gap is too large. The important thing is that one cannot make two legitimate attempts at winning the contest each week.)
All time variations (especially catches) are expected to be adjusted to these region-specific single timezones. For example, the standard 00:00-06:00-12:00-18:00 pattern is expected to be relative to PST on (non-Oceanic) US realms. Any confirmations of that would be useful.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread