Gold cap change?

A friend of mine tried to unlock her first warbank tab, but couldn’t reach 1000 g through warbank tranfers. She could reach 999g 99s 99c, but when she tried to withdraw the last copper, she’d get an error.

One thing she hasn’t tried is to loot the last copper from a mob, but I also wanted to check in here and see if anyone else has experienced any gold cap wonkiness? I’m subbed right now or I’d try too.

I think the "bug" came about because someone pointed out that F2Ps could withdraw enough to put them over the 1K mark, which would result in the excess gold vanishing into nothingness. It's not hard to work around; have something to sell (a cheap item you just bought, or a bit of vendor trash off a mob work ideally), withdraw 1K minus the cost of whatever you're going to sell, and then sell the thing. There are vendors not far from any bank you can think of.

You can sell an item worth one copper to hit the cap also. Did that a month ago when I tried hitting 1k.

A friend of mine tried to unlock her first warbank tab, but couldn’t reach 1000 g through warbank tranfers. She could reach 999g 99s 99c, but when she tried to withdraw the last copper, she’d get an error.

One thing she hasn’t tried is to loot the last copper from a mob, but I also wanted to check in here and see if anyone else has experienced any gold cap wonkiness? I’m subbed right now or I’d try too.

If you are alliance, kill and loot some murlocs behind the Goldshire inn will get you to 1k. In general mobs from vanilla wow can auto offer coppers to the 1k mark. Mobs from higher expansions seem to be offering items only, no raw copper - correct me if im wrong. Then run/fly back (just don't use flight master which costs a few coppper) to SW.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread