Garrosh Heirloom weapons possibly BiS?

Ðap

I have been doing a bunch of testing on 10's and 11's and it FEELS to me like these socketed heirloom weapons are bis for MOST classes.
Of course Hatebringer beats them out for classes that can use it.

With the tremendous nerf to leach and purplz; gem spam seems king, and all of these heirlooms have slots.
Casters are really hurting right now if you don't outright oneshot things and big pulls for them are off the table.

It also seems like Lifesteal enchant scales better with these lower ilvl weapons as well.
Also from my testing Crusader is worse is every way compared to Lifesteal.
However many melee classes don't scale as well as other classes with the lifesteal enchant.

The shadowlands gems are nice but that 10 second cd on the heal is really tough sometimes.

So if I were you guys Id try and get those heirlooms while the remix event is still live.

Last edited:
I'd say yes it would be very much worth it. We may very well never have another chance to get them.

Even if they are not BIS for everyone right now it doesn't mean future ilvl changes won't make them the absolute best weapons we can have.

Weapons with sockets so easily obtainable once you've bought them will mostly always have some value.

I have been doing a bunch of testing on 10's and 11's and it FEELS to me like these socketed heirloom weapons are bis for MOST classes.
Of course Hatebringer beats them out for classes that can use it.

With the tremendous nerf to leach and purplz; gem spam seems king, and all of these heirlooms have slots.
Casters are really hurting right now if you don't outright oneshot things and big pulls for them are off the table.

It also seems like Lifesteal enchant scales better with these lower ilvl weapons as well.
Also from my testing Crusader is worse is every way compared to Lifesteal.
However many melee classes don't scale as well as other classes with the lifesteal enchant.

The shadowlands gems are nice but that 10 second cd on the heal is really tough sometimes.

So if I were you guys Id try and get those heirlooms while the remix event is still live.
I think Lifestealing does not care about ilvl. I tried ilvl 41 and 24 one handed weapons and both healed for 39 (on a lvl 10). Then I tried ilvl 15 staff and it healed 24. It could be that the difference comes from weapons speed. Obv it also could be the ilvl that 24 and 41 ilvl weapons go in the same "heal amount bracket", but not sure. Would be interested if you compared weapons with different speeds or with just different ilvls.

I have tested this with my rogue. I tried the faster daggers and the slower axes and I get better results with the slower weapon. When I switch to better dung weapons, My dps seems to stay the same but my lifesteal healing is notably worse. I can really feel the difference.

On my brewmaster monk the slower polearm performs much better than the faster double axes. But the same thing happens when i switch to a a better dung weap or drop. dps stay about the same but healing gets worse.

Users who are viewing this thread