Furbolg Medicine Pouch

POUCH SNATCHING 101 - up to date 4.0.6

[Edit: Included by Kore.

It has not been mentioned as far as i can tell that you can be dead while grinding this, the twink does not need to be alive. You can happily get your twink killed in ashenvale and run in death the the rep mobs and then leave your twink in death /following the booster. Beware however that you must relog your twink while in death before you resurrect at the moonglade spirit healer otherwise you will be teleported to the GY nearest your corpse. This allows you to ress next to the pouch vendor and not have to risk running, alive, through felwood.]

If you're looking to snatch yourself the highly valued [item]Furbolg Medicine Pouch[/item] then the following may be of use to you. Please note that if you're going after this for the hot it provides be aware that it does not work at the lower levels. If however you find the stamina sexy then by all means have at it.

The Scene:

-Felwood

-Winterspring is a viable alternative if you prefer even more solitude, or the mobs are over farmed in Felwood

What you're going to need and the setup:

-2 accounts, or your twink, and a friend preferably at 70+ for speed, and simply as intimidation. I know a lot of people who go out of their way to kill dks so the higher level the character you're friend/you are killing mobs on the less likely it is they'll want to start trouble.( I play on a pvp server).

-A solid play list, or be talking to some friends on ventrillo.

-Patience

-You're going to need to run to felwood, and corpse hop to the area you're going to farm in. Of note is the fact that the new [item]Mechano-hog[/item], and [item]Reins of the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth[/item] can carry passengers, which can save you time if you'd rather be carried to the area first, and then just suicide to the mobs you're looking for. Remember to be in ghost form for this. It would be rather silly to ding doing this after all.

Now about that Rep:

You start at 2500/3000 Hostile, and you're looking to hit Honored.

-Normal mobs assuming you aren't a human give you 20 rep each.

-Chiefs, and rares grant 60 each.

Now Assuming you just kill normal mobs Going from

Hostile-->Unfriendly-->Neutral-->Friendly-->Honored

(500) + (3000) + (3000) + (3000) + (3000) = 12,500

12,500/20= 625 mobs

Assuming you kill, and let's be realistic with moving around to find, and respawning so an average of 10 a minute on average.

625/10= 62.5 Minutes. Again this sounds like a small amount of time, but this is assuming ideal conditions, and getting all spawns realistically expect to either do a 2 to 3 hour session, or a few 1 hour sessions depending on your threshold/tolerance for mindless/boring grinding.

What you're looking for: There are a few furbolgs you're looking for as well as a few locations you can find them at. If one spot is farmed go to another.

In case you're new to WoW, or simply never killed one before here's what you're looking for:

furbolg.jpg

Please note that chiefs, and some rarespawns may be white, or silver.

Firstly, in Northern Felwood (Felpaw Village) closest to the Timbermaw Hold you'll find the following:

Deadwood Avenge ,Deadwood Den Watcher, Deadwood Shaman,

The Chieftain Bloodmaw, and a couple of Winterspring furbolgs chilling near a cauldron in the village.

Mobs found in the southern part of Felwood are Overlord Roar, a rarespawn(Ragepaw), Deadwood Warrior, Deadwood Gardener, and Deadwood Pathfinder.

A map for reference:

800px-WorldMap-Felwood.jpg

For Reference

If you want to farm Mageweave kill the ones close to Emerald Sanctuary. If you do not, or if you want runecloth the ones near Timbermaw Hold are for you. The only real difference in between the mobs is level range, and therefore quality of loot (What the greys vendor for, and what blues/epics you may find). I won't bother listing mob abilities since any level 70+ should be able to ignore most anything they can do. If request are made I'll throw something together, but again it shouldn't be needed.

Nice guide it is almost time for me to start getting mine on my new mage.

Nice guide maN! Maybe you should add a little red dot in the 2 places you can farm rep in felwood for those who doesn't understand where to grind, even after reading all. But still nice guide.

I have been waiting for an ideal guide like this, and now it exists. Thank you, Zoomacroom. You are a God.

Boglund said:
Nice guide maN! Maybe you should add a little red dot in the 2 places you can farm rep in felwood for those who doesn't understand where to grind, even after reading all. But still nice guide.

good suggestion. i agree. if possible just make little dots or arrows pointing to the areas to be farmed. other than that, perfect.

Twinkytoes said:
BTW, From Friendly to Honored, is it 3000 or 6000?

I believe it's 6000, but I just used 3000 twice(3000+3000) in the example.

Once I have a day off from work. (Monday I think) I'll throw up the dots on the map for you guys.

Neutral>Friendly = 3k

Friendly>Honored= 6k

Honored>Revered= 12k

Revered>Exalted= 3k+6k+12k = 21k rep.

Revered til Exalted requires as much rep points as Neutral til Revered.

An alternative to the grind or a temp option

Hi everyone, I know the pouch is the optimum for stam buff.

I just want to offer a alternative offhand for a caster or an interim offhand that is easily achievable.

Eerie Stable Lantern

+4 stam +5 spellpower and iMO looks pretty cool. I use one on my priest. when you can only do 1 BG option with a 19 twink .. they have to look good doing it lol

just a thought to assist those new to twinking.

It's very easy to farm from SFK. run the twink in the door and stand at the bars overlooking the courtyard.

Higher level runs through the first named then into courtyard to the stables. kills the horses and rinse repeat.

tip: SFK and WC are easilly farmable with the twink staying near the doorway so there are no agro problems , just master loot

anywho.. that's just an option, cheers

Ryuke said:
Hi everyone, I know the pouch is the optimum for stam buff.

I just want to offer a alternative offhand for a caster or an interim offhand that is easily achievable.

Eerie Stable Lantern

+4 stam +5 spellpower and iMO looks pretty cool. I use one on my priest. when you can only do 1 BG option with a 19 twink .. they have to look good doing it lol

just a thought to assist those new to twinking.

It's very easy to farm from SFK. run the twink in the door and stand at the bars overlooking the courtyard.

Higher level runs through the first named then into courtyard to the stables. kills the horses and rinse repeat.

tip: SFK and WC are easilly farmable with the twink staying near the doorway so there are no agro problems , just master loot

anywho.. that's just an option, cheers

That's only available to 19's.

Just did it in an hour an a half (one run) on my 19 druid, had a 80 warlock and a 80 warrior we met along the way, just put ure twink in the middle of the pond in felpaw village and kill shit. Great guide.

Users who are viewing this thread