Frost Resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porksoda

Legend
I need to take back some control over my warrior from these damned mages! I was thinking about adding some frost resistance to my gear for when I come across one of these maggots. So far I've found that I can use these items:

(2) Zircon Band of Frost Resistance: +5-6 Frost Resistance

Arctic Buckler: +5 Frost Resistance

Enchant Shield: +7 Frost Resistance

Enchant Cloak: +5 all Resistances

Minor Magic Resistance Potion: +25 all Resistances

This would give me 54 frost resistance, using the calculator at Zalambar.com it says 40.5% spell resistence. Does this mean 60% of all frost spells would still hit me and potentially slow my movement? Do you think it's worth it?

may the frost mage rest in pieces :D

it is useful if your offense is having trouble getting onto the horde fc if for some reason your priests cant keep up with dispells. but once your on the fc at the very least you should switch your weapons our to make up for your dps

Frost resist is useful in pugs, but the number of snares you will actually fully resist is not really that game breaking. I still have and use one whenever I see mages on D, but it's not like I'm un snareable. It really shines in Mage duels though because of the amount of damage you can mitigate with it. Using all your listed gear, minus pot, I cut incoming frost damage in half.

Rivfader said:
Frost resist is useful in pugs, but the number of snares you will actually fully resist is not really that game breaking. I still have and use one whenever I see mages on D, but it's not like I'm un snareable. It really shines in Mage duels though because of the amount of damage you can mitigate with it. Using all your listed gear, minus pot, I cut incoming frost damage in half.

Did you use this gear as a warrior? Looks like you're a rogue from your avatar so you wouldn't be using the shield and enchant. If you're referring to your warrior you should try using the potion as well. I'd be interested to hear about the results since I won't be able to try it for a while cause I just transfered to a low pop realm to work on 2 agm's and fishing hat since it's hard as hell trying to get them on Elune.

not worth gearing for frost resistance any more i think not many frost mages currently running around
5700.necropost4kobf7.png

It's best if you can start a new thread rather than posting in a very old thread. The outdated information may be confusing for some people. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread