Frost Resist Set In Action

Arazen

Legend

Thought some people might like to enjoy watching an interesting way to overcome Frost Mages!

Yes, as mentioned before on these forums I DID stack Frost resistance, which is why the mages do next to NO damage on me whatsoever. Don't talk to me about fair play- this is a twink bracket, players are ENCOURAGED to manipulate game mechanics, and in this case I did so with the intent to overpower an already EXTREMELY OP class.

Game mechanics aside, I really am a lousy paladin pvp'er. My main is a hunter, so you see me strafing a lot, lol. Although ironically, rogues are no longer a problem... 60% reduction in physical damage + 30% resil + defensive cd's turns the tide in my favor pretty quickly. Also if you're wondering what's with the int shield, I like the +34 int better than +11 stam. Plus the stam shield looks fucking ugly as sin.

Also the vid is pretty retarded, basically added an intro, an ending, one transition, some music. I'm still getting used to After Effects (teaching myself) so bare with me.

Enjoy!

Oh I've done my fair share of QQ'ing, now I'm doing something about it lol.

Before I check your armory, only to find that you took off your frost resist set, how much frost resists did you actually have?

also interested in your frost resist,

but i wouldnt have the patience for that, those fights seamed to last forever, would be pretty satisfying vrsing a mage who cant 3 hit you of course

#1. My frost resist is set at 430 unbuffed, providing approximately 71-72% reduction in damage. However, I replace a lot of my pvp gear with either low ilvl epic 70 gear sets, or random-enchant Wrath items. The random enchant stuff was on par with the epic items in terms of difficulty to acquire. I think there's a .3% chance for them to drop? So I just kept an eye out for them on the AH.

#2. The fights last so long because I'm a paladin, and a prot spec'd paladin at that. Protection paladins are meant to outlast their opponent while maintaining some burst. I would love to see the results of a warrior or ret paladin in this set.

#3. You can easily get to about 350-380 Frost Resist, and obtain some Mighty Resistance potions, that give +50 to all resistances for one hour. That should put you above 400 for sure.

I think the first scene, in IBT, it cuts off while a ret paladin is coming up the stairs. What happens is I frantically try to put my pvp gear back on before he comes up and completely annihilates me. Thankfully I did get it on, and a few heals off, and we did take down that tower. When I do that, you can see me go from 16k health to 23k health. Yes, the frost resist set is that bad. So while it may be incredibly awesome for fighting frost mages, it sucks for just about everything else. But oh....it is so worth it.

I think I love you <3 I'm most definitely going to get that FR set on my paladin just so I can annoy mages! Great vid btw.

400 resistance is a LOT. The most spell pen I stack on any of my chars is 100, and that's accounting for racials and mages. I don't think it's possible to stack 400 spell pen.

Gratz.

I just got lady wood.

I keep getting real id requests from mages I have fought, and every one of them are putting together spell pen sets for when they see me coming their way =S

I think a legitimate spell pen standard would have to be around 200-300 to reduce my effectiveness effectively, I've tried going in with only 300 frost resist and they didn't work out too well =\

By the way, I have an Arcane resist set in the works, I'll let you guys know how that turns out when I find a decent one to duel!

I was talking about frost restistance stacking with nafury few weeks ago, i started level LW for 70 frost resistance wrist etc but didn't bother to finish it. Looks like it works well.

haha funny first mage cutenom x guildie good stuff

Cutenom is a guildy of yours? Ouch sorry lol...it's not that they don't have skill, it's just that they can't hit worth shit on anyone stacking frost resist, lol.

I was talking about frost restistance stacking with nafury few weeks ago, i started level LW for 70 frost resistance wrist etc but didn't bother to finish it. Looks like it works well.

I'm certain I saw a nature resist set for 70s around here somewhere. Would be very effective against Boomkins. Also, when you get to 405 LW for the +70 frost resist to wrist, be prepared for a long ass grind for the pattern. It's BoP and drops from level 79's located deep in Icecrown. Took a few hours as a 70 paladin, and I had to heal myself at least once per pull.

This video reminds me of the days in vanilla (pre bgs) where I would fight those annoying arse PoM/Pyro mages on my warrior with my full Fire Resist set ... Dark Iron crafted gear ECT, It was amazingly fun!. Well done Arazen, Keep up the good work!

There just isn't that much spell pen available. Even if you re gem to 100% spell pen, you aren't going to get much higher than 200. At 400 resists, that's still a lot more than any frost mage is going to be able to deal with.

Not to mention less spellpower and int and crit means less dps on me =)

Riveting tale chap! I'll take that as a compliment. Who'da thunk a backpedaling paladin could defeat a frost mage?

If you would like to see a vid of me on my main 85 hunter pvp'ing (where I have the backpedal key unbound) I'll gladly upload it so you can continue ooh'ing and ahh'ing over my supreme awesomeness!

</sarcasm>

Really, does anyone read the actual post? I clearly state that I in fact am a terrible paladin pvp'er, and don't actually study the intricacies of my class, but rely instead on experience to dictate my actions in a fight.

Yowxd said:
Nah mang a majority of the players at 70 love to comment on the obvious to make themselves look better than the average 1.8k players they are
<

And a clear example of such acting can be taken from the quote above me.

Users who are viewing this thread