Felbane Weapons

Zuty

Lord of the Black Flame
Just curious to how many people use this or would think about using this.

[ITEM]Enchanted Azsharite Felbane Dagger[/ITEM]

[ITEM]Enchanted Azsharite Felbane Staff[/ITEM]

[ITEM]Enchanted Azsharite Felbane Sword[/ITEM]

All three weapons are eligible for level 60+ enchants from what I understand.

Since I can not play WoW, I just dabble on WoWHead with specs and gear. When I did play I was planning to make a 49 Healadin for my twink guild and one of the things that I found were these weapons. At the time, they were only eligible for Executioner, but now with WotLK they have a lot more potential. (+63 SP, +65 AP, Black Magic, and Lifeward to name a few new ones)

~Zuty

I have seen a fair bit of people use them...but, it is probably noteable that with 3.1 - they are adding a +81 spellpower enchant on a staff...I haven't done the math to compare it with arbiteurs blade and an offhand, but it might come close if people are going for straight damage :O

They just seem so temping. I like Black Magic because from what I have heard its damage gets increased by abilties like Shadow Mastery and Curse of Elements, so Warlocks get an extra kick in the DoT department.

~Zuty

For straight straight damage, the 1H or new 2H enchants give more spellpower. Major emphasis on spellpower there.

Only arbiters blade enchanted with Sunfire or Soulfrost brings it on par. If however, you are a class that cannot benefit from using a sword or just can't benefit from Sunfire/Soulfrost completely, going with 63/81 spellpower is superior. There are other options for those classes though if they're willing to put in the effort to get the Blade of Eternal Darkness (and casters will hate me, I was farming for Blackstone Ring for my rogue... and it dropped)

I have the sword on my Paladin with +63 for fun, just for healing. And the dagger on my rogue with Berserking (which has a crappy proc rate, don't get berserking).

For warlocks who want to run Black Magic, use the felbane sword/dagger until Black Magic procs, then hotswap to your Arbiter's Blade. 45 seconds later, switch back.

well for a tank, there's a +50 stamina enchantment to weapon. i'll update this post if i can find the enchant online (damn company internet filter).

EDIT: titanguard

I think i was looking at these for an Enhance Shaman. I was looking into the 2h Staff to get the Massacre enchant on it (+110 AP), but than I delved into elem (God I love elem!) and looked into the dagger with 63 SP. There are other cool little chants here and there. (Titanguard would be AMAZING if it ever made it to live IMHO and Lifeward/Black Magic are interesting) If I ever did play on live again, 49 would be the first bracket I would go to and I would grab one of these weapons to slap a new WotLK chant on. I just didn't know how many people bothered to get it.

TY for your input.

~Zuty

Titanguard was removed and didn't quite make it to live unfortunately (I was looking forward to having it for my prot set). Blizz didn't want tanks to have a "definitive" enchant, and rather have a collection of enchants to choose from.

Go 49s Zuty gogo! :)

aah wtf removed? that's bullshit! i want +50 stamina on my 49 prot war/pali and bear form druid :(

wait...

Would the dagger or sword be good for a 49 rogue?

Like, I mean would it be a much more preffered weaon, Or would an original epic or something be the way to go?

Honestly I'd say no, but don't hold that decision until I've at least tried Executioner and/or Accuracy on mine.

The Dagger is faster, which would mean more poison procs, the sword is slower by 0.5 seconds but has 0.1 more DPS.

However, Doomforged Straightedge has a very nice set of set stats and that's my choice of OH, although Shadowblade (I believe) is the highest DPS off hand you can get for the bracket. Both can take Mongoose and with my experiences of Berserking, Mongoose procs much more often.

No it's not super better, actually it's a worse weapon in all way and form except for the enchant that you put on it.

But depending on the enchant, Could there be possibilty that it could completely overwrite the previous original weapon?

From what I know of Berserking, if you are constantly attacking, it has higher effective AP then the 110 AP enchant. I don't think this would apply as much in pvp as it would on a raid boss, but that's some info for you to consider.

This game contains to many stats...Confuzzles me.

Honestly no, Mongoose is such a good enchant for rogues and the staff just isn't that good for 2H DPS anyway to warrant a melee enchant. For casters the spellpower is nice, but still there are no stats.

Yeah. The stats is what sorta got me thinking whether or not it's worth it.

since we don't get titanguard, the only possibe use i can see is a caster using the dagger with spell power. the dps difference is too much.

Definitely a 1H + shield. Surviving in this bracket is very important because of the level of burst that can come at you.

Users who are viewing this thread