Farming

SFK = Rares/SF/AB

BFD = Rares/Wranglers

Their the best to my knowledge, good luck.

Kítty

In all honesty, you shouldn't waste your time farming. Instead, farm gold and buy the gear you want over priced. A lot more time efficient.

Pizza said:
In all honesty, you shouldn't waste your time farming. Instead, farm gold and buy the gear you want over priced. A lot more time efficient.

I can't fully agree to that, but don't spend a month farming an instance for a perfect 'Of The Monkey' item. Scout the AH, then grind out an instance. You'll make money no matter what killing trash (~2-5 silver a mob +drops, it adds up) so 100 runs of an instance could mean you either find the item you need or now have enough money to get it from the AH.

~Zuty

Supadrood said:
or you could get the gold from like 1 run of an 80 instance.

Well, the valuable twink stuff you or other people need don't drop there, but your plan works also.

~Zuty

Pizza said:

Best way I found to farm and not waste time/money is to pay people to farm for you. On my home server I'd get people that would ask me all the time if I wanted to buy "X" and after a while I started asking the people to go farm wherever I wanted them to farm. I'd then pay them on a per item basis. Was a good way to get the items I wanted and put some coin in their bags. Up until a few months ago I had about a dozen of them going at any given time...like my own personal Chinese Gold Farmers (only it was legit/within the ToS).

-Ink

BFD for sure. Stockades works also but the blue trash drops from BFD makes it the better choice.

Anyways, farming is not worth it anymore. When the expansion comes, all the items you would farm, will not be BiS.

3/3 bracers for rogues/hunters will be replaced with Scrupleless Bracers - Item - World of Warcraft.

4/4 gloves for hunters will be replaced with Gloves of the Fang - Items - Sigrie.

Assassin's Blade - Item - World of Warcraft will be replaced with Dissector - Items - Sigrie.

Shadowfang - Item - World of Warcraft will be replaced with Cruel Barb - Item - World of Warcraft.

Any other item that can be farmed would be easier obtained by buying it from another player or the auction house.

Pizza said:
Anyways, farming is not worth it anymore. When the expansion comes, all the items you would farm, will not be BiS.

3/3 bracers for rogues/hunters will be replaced with Scrupleless Bracers - Item - World of Warcraft.

4/4 gloves for hunters will be replaced with Gloves of the Fang - Items - Sigrie.

Assassin's Blade - Item - World of Warcraft will be replaced with Dissector - Items - Sigrie.

Shadowfang - Item - World of Warcraft will be replaced with Cruel Barb - Item - World of Warcraft.

Any other item that can be farmed would be easier obtained by buying it from another player or the auction house.

I thought it was determined that Dissector could not be obtained at lvl 19, I could be wrong but I think in beta it requires lvl 21 to obtain the quest. I believe this was posted by Riv. So, AB may still be the best. Your main point about buying high priced items that will only be obsolete and no longer best in slot in cata is definately something to consider.

People could also say twink for today and not for 3 months from now....spend the money for the best items now and live it up. I say do whatever you want, everyone will prepare for cata in their own way...I am leveling a tank for cata so I can grind dungeons easier for the new BOAs.

Grabco said:
I thought it was determined that Dissector could not be obtained at lvl 19, I could be wrong but I think in beta it requires lvl 21 to obtain the quest. I believe this was posted by Riv. So, AB may still be the best. Your main point about buying high priced items that will only be obsolete and no longer best in slot in cata is definately something to consider.

People could also say twink for today and not for 3 months from now....spend the money for the best items now and live it up. I say do whatever you want, everyone will prepare for cata in their own way...I am leveling a tank for cata so I can grind dungeons easier for the new BOAs.

I was simply going off of the Shadowfang (And other!) item changes! topic.

They are changing the loot of a quest already in game. I would do it before hand and then petition a gm to have then switch to the new rewards, since the quest got turned to level 22 i think

Users who are viewing this thread