Farming Hypnotic Dust on a lvl 20 Caster

sw0495

Grandfathered
How can I farm Hypnotic Dust on a lvl 20 Caster? I can't queue for Cataclysm Dungeons. Going to a Cataclysm Zone all the Mobs I found where lvl 30+ so misrate was very high.

Can I raise my Hitrate?

Any Vendor selling Gear that can be enchanted to Hypnotic Dust?

Any Vendor selling/exchanging any Currency for Hypnotic Dust?

Any way to farm/get Hypnotic Dust on a lvl 20 Caster without Gametime?

+primary on the cloak
+speed on the feet

both need ! 1 ! enchanting skill in Cataclysm enchanting and both together need ! 5 ! in words FIVE Hypnotic dust. So basically Im looking for a way to get FIVE Hypnotic Dust. But I can't kill any Mobs in the Cata Zones as a Caster.

I hate to not directly answer, but Andre's suggestion looks good.

Anyway, according to swoops' enchantment sheet, the cata cloak enchant only scales to +5 primary, not +6 like the wrath one.

I assume you're going for lavawalker (mastery/speed) on the boots, which yeah I guess there's no obvious alternative but you should be advised that only the "minor speed" classic enchant will stack with any other move speed buffs.

+primary on the cloak
+speed on the feet

both need ! 1 ! enchanting skill in Cataclysm enchanting and both together need ! 5 ! in words FIVE Hypnotic dust. So basically Im looking for a way to get FIVE Hypnotic Dust. But I can't kill any Mobs in the Cata Zones as a Caster.

I was in the same position and found it easier to just level Wrath enchanting. If you have 1,000 gold (max F2P) you can get 75/75 WotLK enchanting in no time.

Buy the cheapest purple/blue gear from the Legacy Justice vendors in old Dalaran to disenchant.

i only dipped into cata for the stam to cloak enchant for my max HP meme build.
WotLK is the best option for cloak enchants (unless you're a DH, then TBC is quicker).

@Gobolord & @Andre

Maybe Im missing a link here, but how is Cata Leathering relevant to Hypnotic Dust?

and if I need the Help of a higher level to farm Cata Leather Im back to square one. :(

you would pick up LW/Skinning to craft all the items with cata LW, then pick up enchanting & disenchant thore items into hypnotic dust.

you MIGHT be able to farm those baby crocs without a higher level's help (but i have not tried). depends on your ability to survive their dmg and dish out enough dmg to them. they're not a regular mob, more of a "mechanic" with HP.

as mentioned above, though: there are better options for a cloak enchant.

How do I get the Dreamshards?

Edit: Found them! Cheapest Blue disenchants to Dreamshards! Purple to Abyssal Shards and you can turn those to dust and essences.

When I first looked at the Vendor Prices were all 100+ g, but if you set the Pulldown thingie to "all" theres Blue stuff for 6g and Purple stuff for 9g.

Will have a look at the Crocodile Farm out of Curiosity too.

Edit 2: Had a look at the Croco Farm. There are some Bigger Aggro mobs around those eggs that I cant kill as a Caster. And when I get the Crocos I cant kill/hit them fast enough before they kill me. On top when clicking on the eggs you get the Message "Requires level 30", but some small Crocos jump on you anyway.

Last edited:
Another easy way to get hypnotic dust would be to go a Blacksmith/minning route: farm for obsidian ore în hyjal/vashjir, craft a few armor pieces, then switch to enchanting and disenchant them... No killing involved.

Users who are viewing this thread