Faction swap for optimal gear

Hey all, it just occurred to me that the faction swap function, along with the xp freeze may allow people to get items that they previously couldn't due to being the wrong faction. As an example, the Tunic of Westfall comes from an alliance only quest. Are there any level/class combos that have BiS for one slot from one faction, with BiS for another slot from the other faction? Is anyone planning to take advantage of this with old twinks, or with newly created ones?

i play a 39 orc warrior, so theres nothing i can gain besides racials really =p

i honestly doubt that blizz are going to allow people to either keep, or take the quest items over to the opposite faction with them. it seems to good to be true imho

I am kinda getting tired of posting this, but they have ALREADY announced that once you change Faction with a character you can't change, it is a 1 time thing.

I'm not sure if this is what your topic is about as it is 3am and I am half asleep but onc eyou change faction you can not change back on that character.

Eaz said:
I am kinda getting tired of posting this, but they have ALREADY announced that once you change Faction with a character you can't change, it is a 1 time thing.

I'm not sure if this is what your topic is about as it is 3am and I am half asleep but onc eyou change faction you can not change back on that character.

Q.Will I be able to switch back to my original faction but a different race?

A.. No. You will only be able to switch back to your originally chosen race.

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=9895129741&sid=1

Get some sleep.

Blizzard is gonna implent some changes as wel.

If u switch , ur rep will be changed + mounts etc...

So wouldnt blizzard change (Or delete) Alliance gear if u change to Horde?

Or otherwise?

Just a thought

Blåjæger said:
Lol insignia of the horde on alliance char :p would be so imba

" Q. How will the switch between reputation, gear, mounts, etc be handled?

A. We’ll have more details for you at a later point in time, though we plan to keep these as close to a reflection of the other faction as much as possible."

Could be me, but what I get from this is that you get simulair gear that reflects the gear you had in the opposite fraction. So instead of the insignia of the horde u get the of the alliance one etc..

I dont think you can have best of both tbh, but well see.

Bebis said:

A. We’ll have more details for you at a later point in time, though we plan to keep these as close to a reflection of the other faction as much as possible."

Could be me, but what I get from this is that you get simulair gear that reflects the gear you had in the opposite fraction. So instead of the insignia of the horde u get the of the alliance one etc..

This probably means the faction changes will take a much longer than a server transfer.

Twinkytoes said:
Well yeah, they have to change EVERYTHING!

But in reference to the OP, it means that Alliance casters can have Encarmine boots and Alliance rogues can have Worn Running boots and Baelog's bow, for example.

Why would anyone think that you would be able to keep Alliance / horde only gear once you switch factions?

It doesnt really make any sense to me, ofc they would take it away.

Murk said:
Why would anyone think that you would be able to keep Alliance / horde only gear once you switch factions?

It doesnt really make any sense to me, ofc they would take it away.

I don't think they've (Blizz) said anything on the contrary. We should wait until we get more definitive information before raging against eachother over it, imo.

i was thinking at the same thing

you get some imba item from horde for killing some boss, then you go ally kill same boss get another imba item

mb it will work but after a while i think there will be tones of bugs and exploits that blizzard will fix patch by patch...

Back on topic....Since no one knows how blizz will handle gear that comes from faction specific quests/boss kills, we can still talk about the gear that you might want from another faction. Personally I would love to have horde quest gear for my shammy.

49 Horde-only quest rewards:

1)Woven Ivy Necklace (highest stat physical dps neck)

2)Deep Woodlands Cloak (highest stat caster cloak)

3)Honorguard Chestpiece (BiS mail dps chest)

4)Rune of the Guard Captain (physical dps trinket +hit/AP)

5)Cave Crawler's Treads (alt BiS mail dps boots)

6)Tempered Thorium Boots (alt BiS plate boots - max crit)

7)Antiquated Nobleman's Tunic (2nd BiS caster cloth chest)

8)Eye of Orgimmar (highest int/sp ring)

8)Enchanted Azsharite Felbane Staff/Dagger/Sword (no relevant stats, but only item in bracket that can get WotLK chants)

49 Alliance-only quest rewards:

1)Marauder's Handwraps (BiS leather physical dps gloves)

2)Gloves of the Dune (2nd BiS cloth caster gloves)

3)Thorium Flight Blade (BiS thrown weapon)

There are other items out there, but many of them are not top 2-3 so not really worth posting. I may also have missed something else, but got everything I could think of.

Note that Alliance have quests to receive similar items for Eye of Orgrimmar and the Enchanted Azsharite weaps, but are not available until level 50+.

When you really look at it, you can see how alliance can never quite reach the optimal gear levels for physical DPS (aside from leather gloves) that horde can, especially mail wearers. The caster items are all essentially a push with the exception of the Enchanted Azsharite weaps that give horde an edge on max SP builds.

Bebis said:

Yeah that sounds about right, I expect for any gear that there is a DIRECT equivalent to, like the pvp trinkets or the new T9, they would be converted. But other gear, that there is no equivalent for, and just happens to be a faction-specific quest, you probably get to keep. Just a guess though.

Users who are viewing this thread