F2p/vet and bnet

accel

I am wondering if there are there any limitations on bnet features for f2p / vet accounts (no sub).

In particular:

(1) I have been adding btags, got some hits. Chatted a little over bnet via in-game chat - but from a regular account with a sub. When I logged to my vet account and wrote a short text to a new bnet friend (still via in-game chat), I got no response. No error messages either. Obviously, there might have been no response for completely normal reasons, but I am wondering if the text got through - do bnet texts get through if you write them on an account without an active sub?

(2) Worse, when a different btag that is on my friend list queued to a bg, I went to Quick Join, tried to join, got the window with the role check, set the role, click OK -- and then nothing. No error messages, but no join either. Does Quick Join not work for an account without an active sub? (If so, why the heck does the button for it even stay enabled? Small indie company...)

Thanks in advance.

(1) I have been adding btags, got some hits. Chatted a little over bnet via in-game chat - but from a regular account with a sub. When I logged to my vet account and wrote a short text to a new bnet friend (still via in-game chat), I got no response. No error messages either. Obviously, there might have been no response for completely normal reasons, but I am wondering if the text got through - do bnet texts get through if you write them on an account without an active sub?
If they are on a F2P account they can't see bnet messages in game, however, vets should be able to

(2) Worse, when a different btag that is on my friend list queued to a bg, I went to Quick Join, tried to join, got the window with the role check, set the role, click OK -- and then nothing. No error messages, but no join either. Does Quick Join not work for an account without an active sub? (If so, why the heck does the button for it even stay enabled? Small indie company...)
Quick join doesn't bypass the invite restriction on unsubbed accounts. The party leader would still be required to have gametime or if both solo then someone would need gametime to invite the other

Users who are viewing this thread