Ele or Enh shammy?

thatoneguy

Legend
So I've seen tons of elemental shamans with massive bursts and damage, but I wanted to try out an enh Shammy because of my Nifflevar Bearded Axe ( 226 ilvl axe with massive damage and stats, but requires level 71) before I level to 71( or even 72 for engineering goggles) and loose my potential as a ele or even resto shaman I need a few opinions, should I go enhancement or stay ele/resto? And why?

71 enhance with nifflevar axes imo
<
grinding my 2nd axe now! ele just doesn't pew pew enough at 70@ and really if you arena you have to do what counter priest/mage/rogue's

Elemental is a caster, Enhancement is melee,

Play whichever you prefer, both work well in a battleground setting.

I'd recommend trying both, Quoting the patch notes here on elemental changes next patch,

Elemental
  • Elemental Fury now removes the cooldown from your Chain Lightning spell.
  • Thunderstorm now also reduces the enemies movement speed by 40% for 5 sec.
  • Wind Shear now has a 25 sec cooldown, up from 6 sec.
  • Call of Flame no longer increase the duration of Flame Shock on Fire Nova damage.
  • Lava Flows now increases critical strike damage bonus of Lava Burst by 8/16%, up from 6/12%.
  • Reverberation now reduces the cooldown of Wind Shear by 10/20 sec.

As for personal preference, i've always found elemental much more fun, then Resto or enhancement, just play what you enjoy.

Oh, and as for Enhancement changes, inc small wall of text.

Enhancement
  • Flametongue Weapon now increases magical damage done by 5%, instead of increasing spell damage by 747.
  • Lava Lash now deals 260% weapon damage, up from 200%.
  • Mental Quickness has been slightly revamped - Your spell power is now equal to 55% of your attack power, and you no longer benefit from other sources of spell power. Also, your instant beneficial, damaging, and totem spells cost 75% less mana.
  • Stormstrike no longer increases Nature damage against the target. Now grants you an additional 25% chance to critically strike that enemy with your Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, Lightning Shield, and Earth Shock spells for 15 sec.
  • Improved Lava Lash now increases the damage of Lava Lash by 10% for each application of Searing Flames, now also causes your Lava Lash to spread your Flame Shock from the target to up to four enemies within 12 yards.
  • Unleashed Rage now increases melee attack power by 20% and ranged attack power by 10%.

Ele can global ppl with insta lava burst Fulmination

'Toss a tazik/synapse in there, wouldn't even be able to find a grease spot to notify their next of kin,

And yeah, elemental can be very bursty, and alot of fun if you line things up.

ele is so much fun, but fulmination non crits are like 3k QQ. you need fulmination crit + lavaburst to kill anyone... lb is shit for damage.

Users who are viewing this thread