Easy Ambassador?

Lets say you have done all available quests for Horde on your character and then transfers to Alliance. Are the Alliance starter quests and such then available for you? Someone please confirm this

They aren't, where did you get that idea from? o_O

DON'T try...

Sssshh....

What will happen to the character's quests when I change its faction?

Quests which are active in the character's log at the time of the Faction Change will be cleared and all quest items associated with these quests will be destroyed.

With this, completed quests that are considered faction-specific will be removed from the list of completed quests and no longer count towards any running "quests completed" totals. Should you ever elect to change back to the original faction, the original list of completed quests will be restored. Completed quests that are considered faction-neutral or possess a cross-faction equivalent will be unaffected or automatically exchanged without any detriment to the quest completed totals.

10characters

I currently have my transaction pending for the faction change, has been since I realized this last night. I have been working on this already on my 19 troll hunter, and this is what I got to before faction change went live:

Orgrimar: Exalted

Undercity Revered 16992/21000

Tunderbluff: Revered 13731/21000

Darkspear Trolls: Revered 11331/21000

Silvermoon City: Revered 9201/21000

It may look like I was really far into this, and I think I may have been the farthest along, at least of anyone Ive seen. But let me tell you it has been hellish, so when the realization hit me last night that this would be available I was part pissed (because I have done nothing but chens since 3.2 hit) But mostly relieved. I don't ever what to search barrens for another kodo again!!!

Hopefully my transaction will clear soon, and when it does I'm doing this more because I just want it to be done. If you didn't get this far you have no idea how bad it is lol. Thew I Know you were doing it as well. I feel for you buddy

[char=us-Kul+Tiras]D%C3%B6mhring[/char] dunno if its working. was down for me

Anyway characters name is Dömhring in <of the nine fingers> kul tiras horde

Gol damnit!

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya you were officially further along then me then, I have been doing nothing but Chen's as well but you do deserve the right to get it before me, I was so mad after figuring this out last night that I was going to transfer but was to mad to think straight.

What race/sex are you rolling to? I guess I will be a United States second, o well we both have the right to be very proud, we finished something crazy.

I had 421 Horde quest how many did you finish with?

I got to 415 and stopped just cause there were no more that were really giving rep for horde. I'll finish those ones when i get back to hordeside. I had a leg up cause my main has a 3 seater mammoth and a second acct that my bro quit from. Plus i did all the lunar events. I had been trying to get the title for a long time. made a toon on borean tundra (last realm to have AQ before the change) and leveled a main while the AQ event was still on. was stock piling the mats for the quests but it ended before they made transfers available.

I liked your bloodshard idea lol. here was my crazy scheming. Doesn't matter to tell it now that i can get the title with a faction change.

I have 2 accts. my main with the travelers tundra mammoth on one, my twink on the second. I was doing trial period raf accts to my self, and i made 10 summons toons, there is a hill with a windmill and one horde toon in a hut by the thunder lizards. I posted 5 summon toons there, named barrensone, barrenstwo etc. Then I put counterpart summons toons at ratchet. Ratchetone, ratchettwo etc.

3 wow accts running in windowed mode, kill with my main and mount when i needed to, and summon back and forth when done with each quest. when the summons were on cd like they occasionally would be, i would use a hearth, i had my twinks hearth at ratchet, my mains at camp T.

Then I would put on some music, grind my ass off, and try not to go insane. i think chens was making me retarded tbh lol. I have done explorer ambassador and noble all before 3.2 xp lock. This one was shaping out to be the worst of them all. I'm glad for it to be over. but disappointed, cause i knew I may be the only twink with ambassador, just from knowing how hard it is. Do the math on how long it takes on average, minus the rep you get from grinds, and with travel time on foot like im assuming you are doing it. youre looking at 30 minute maybe per turn in. maybe you can give me a better idea if that is correct, anyway my guess was around 600 hundred hours of grinding (conservatively) unless you have something to speed it up like i did, and then it was still looking to be over 100 hours at a turn in every 5 to 10 minutes

Anyway feel feel to tell me that i am a ridiculous person lol. Dunno if any of that helps for your own grind if you are not going to faction change.

cheers! :D

Words cannot describe how insane I had gone, on Tuesday Night I was in bed and I kept hearing that sound the Thunder Lizards make when they spit lightning in my head, maybe its for the best that this is over for us both man.

What race are you rolling and why?

It would be wise of both of you to go Human for the 10% reputation gains

edit: repost for emphasis

thew is a hunter :(

im a hunter too. no hooman for me

I need to look at what my rep will transfer to. silvermoon is my lowest so that one needs to transfer to a faction that is easiest to grind, and i hear gnomer exiles is the hardest so i wanna put my highest rep there

just to make it easier on myself, but i may end up with a race i dont want. id like dreanei for the hot and hit chance

Grabco said:
oh no! that's too bad

If I did switch I have no idea what I would switch to...female dwarf? lol.

O jeez Dom your right, so if I did switch it would have to be to Draenei for Silvermoon rep...blaaaa.

Buchsti said:
Lets say you have done all available quests for Horde on your character and then transfers to Alliance. Are the Alliance starter quests and such then available for you? Someone please confirm this

i meantioned this already in another ambassador post

Yea i was also trying to get ambassador on my Rogue, Rant. But lets say i hate the alliance , but am willing to change for the title how long would the wait be for me to transfer back to horde once i got it? and are u guys sure the rep will transfer as well?

Rantcasey said:
Yea i was also trying to get ambassador on my Rogue, Rant. But lets say i hate the alliance , but am willing to change for the title how long would the wait be for me to transfer back to horde once i got it? and are u guys sure the rep will transfer as well?

Stop bumping this thread......

Transferred Bitt over to the Horde last night. Hopefully get ambassador done over this weekend.

I'm interested to see how the various quest counters will react, along with what exactly will be available. Also, when Cataclysm hits I'd like to have all possible quests done for each faction, then see if it's possible to quest through the revamped zones and maybe even pickup some Loremaster achievements (though I suspect they will need to be revamped).

Users who are viewing this thread