Dropping out of college to play WoW

Too many people go to college cause its the "next thing to do" before they really understand what they want to do with their life. Ive had a few friends waste thousands of dollars and years of their life pursuing a degree they later realized they didn't want or need. Id recommend taking yourself out of the school system for a year or two before hitting up that post secondary shit. On the flipside some people are dead set on what they want to do coming out of highschool and they go right from college to their career.

Too many people go to college cause its the "next thing to do" before they really understand what they want to do with their life. Ive had a few friends waste thousands of dollars and years of their life pursuing a degree they later realized they didn't want or need. Id recommend taking yourself out of the school system for a year or two before hitting up that post secondary shit. On the flipside some people are dead set on what they want to do coming out of highschool and they go right from college to their career.

Its very hard coming back to school after taking a year or two off.

rather just invest in stock market for a year and goof off for 2 years

I think this is incredibly stupid.

Playing WoW Is not really going to get him anywhere, It's one thing to take a break from School/College and then return a while after, but completly ditching your education for a Game that does not really have a very competitive aspect like other Games (CS:GO, Dota, League; And so on) has no real potential to get anywhere. I personally took a years break from School, but I'm going back in a bit. A year off was enough to get my mind on what I really wanted.

I think this is incredibly stupid.

Playing WoW Is not really going to get him anywhere, It's one thing to take a break from School/College and then return a while after, but completly ditching your education for a Game that does not really have a very competitive aspect like other Games (CS:GO, Dota, League; And so on) has no real potential to get anywhere. I personally took a years break from School, but I'm going back in a bit. A year off was enough to get my mind on what I really wanted.

did you even read the post? he left college to attend trade school and become a programmer.

did you even read the post? he left college to attend trade school and become a programmer.

His initial question was our thoughts on someone dropping out of College to play WoW. Now if that guy decided to go the programming route or not, I answered with my thoughts on the subject he mentioned at first.

Users who are viewing this thread