Dignified Headmasters Charge

So I just became aware that Dignified Headmasters charge gave out +30sp. I thought it was alot lower. With enchant thats 60sp. SoJ gives +76 Fire spell power with enchant.

11 int and 11spirit. Whilst the Charge gives 17 stam 14 int and 11 crit.

Wouldnt that make the Charge far superior??? Or was this always common knowledge?

in 3.1 the BoA's spell power was increased (thank god, it was always so low!)

seems like charge is slightly better depending on playstyle; glass cannon vs some survivability.

you lose a bit of fire damage but gain stats, crit, and damage to the rest of ur schools. one thing to remember is you cant use oils on boa weapons, altho for 39 the lesser oil doesnt look that appealing, but hey never know.

Falkor said:
in 3.1 the BoA's spell power was increased (thank god, it was always so low!)

seems like charge is slightly better depending on playstyle; glass cannon vs some survivability.

you lose a bit of fire damage but gain stats, crit, and damage to the rest of ur schools. one thing to remember is you cant use oils on boa weapons, altho for 39 the lesser oil doesnt look that appealing, but hey never know.

No oils? well heck I always have one on. Its 16 more sp. That puts SoJ heavily in favor.

For BGs anyway.

It just depends on how fragile your toon is...if you are extreemly low on hps and playing against good dps players on a regular basis the added stats on the BoA might be better for you. The 11 crit rating is a nice additional bonus.

Survivability wise the Devout Aurastone hammer is going to give you almost the same SP as the SoJ. DAH + 30sp = 61sp + Umbral Crystal = 75sp with something like 10stam 8int and 1mp5. This also of course changes if you cant use a mace ;p

It all just depends on what stats you are needing to work on imo.

Healers should be jumping at Devout Aurastone and Dignified Headmasters though. The 1 hand for my shammy for example gives me nearly as much sp as a dagger or HoR while at the same time allowing for +22int or +20spirit chants instead of sp and gives me far superior stats. HoR with 40sp is 48sp and 8spirit...Devout hammer with 22int is 31sp with 5stam 30int and 1mp5. For a healer with SoJ you have 66sp 11int and 11spirit vs DHC with 61sp 17stam 14int 11crit which brings them about even although obv DHC is going to bring more survivability vs burst dps which IMO puts it ahead. Even more so with recent Spirit regen changes.

Users who are viewing this thread