Deviate scale belt useless in 3.1?

Lashy

OG
I was thinking about the changes coming in 3.1 and thought of something...

I know you're probably thinking I'm crazy since Deviate scale belt is actually getting a buff in 3.1, but I think there's a possibility that the new patch will render this belt useless.

Why? Well this would only happen if the predictions on leg enchants happen. If they do, then the new best leather legs for 19s would be Leggings of the Fang. Since most twinks already use Gloves of the Fang, this would be 2 fang set items. If you take a look at the set bonuses, with a 3rd item you would get +3 expertise rating. So... I'm thinking that the Belt of the Fang would actually be more useful for twinks since it gives the same agility and stamina as Deviate scale belt, but with the set bonus, it would also give +3 expertise.

I guess the choice you need to make is whether hit rating is better than expertise or vise versa. IMO, expertise would be better since it would reduce the chance to be dodged (which is the main way to avoid attacks at level 19) and parried.

Thoughts? Feel free to call me a noob if I'm completely off with this theory.

I have a fully hit capped human rogue and tried to hit cap my gnome rogue (19s)

The expertise from swords and the 3 piece fang set worked great with the hit rating from Simple pearl ring (+4 hit) and Surefooted. I would miss an attack like every hour, which is pretty damned good.

I tried the same setup on my gnome and the results were less than expected. While the human had 700hp in ap gear and hit capped, he was almost able to beat my 450/450 hat/naxx pads rouge in ap gear in a duel, and beat me in overall dps. (2 accounts)

So the moral is IF the nerf leg chants this is probably better for a human to go with the fang set, but for me im keeping my hit for my rogue because he needs it over spirit.

Its more personal prefrence, but 3 expertise is 2.50% dodge and parry reduction but you can still miss. So i personally like hit better

BTW your not a noob its a legit question =D

I rather use 4/4 monkey gloves, But i'd rather go for the hit than the exp :)

If it was a hunter, Then i'd go for exp because they hit always...Rogue?, Get hit.

That is a very legit path to take. I would probably have to try both out for a while before I was convinced but I usually like expertise over hit rating, unless Im an offensive caster of course. But then again: how many leather wearing 19 twinks have casting as their primary form of dps?

gj on that catch

Well I wouldn't say it is gonna be useless.

I think it is gonna be very circumstantial, just depends what you need at the time, Not gonna hurt to carry both on you and try them both out though [=

Nimble leather gloves + Deviate scale belt? The fang set is viable, good find.

i don't think the leg enchant will be a problem anyway...

but if it happens, even witht he fang set, i don't think the belt is going anywhere.

i also prefer +4/+4 gloves.

and considering the fact that if things go back down the way it seems to go, gloves of the fang won't be used anymore. you would probably end up with less then 1k life and i know for a fact that people will start stacking surv gears instead of DPS gears !

without Shoulder or Leg Enchant, and with the +100hp to chest going away... that's more then 800 life you can't take back. even if you put another +100hp to leg, it still is a loss of 700hp in the end. and i don't feel great falling under the 1k mark. believe me, even though the fang set could end up being good... in the end it won't be used at all since people will prefer getting HP to stay alive longer !

contrary to what people believe, its not the overall of the classes that loses from this.

overall, everyone loses life, but without life, their DPS might as well make them glass canons, glass canons have prooven to be of no use over the years ! at least to me, i sure don't want to be a glass canon !

Actually, my 19 hunter in class cannon gear hits 40-50 more damage average then my survival gear does. Although I won't break 1k Hp in my DPS gear now.

If using the fang boots, one could get both the expertise and the hit rating if leg patches are nerfed and the fang pants are usable.

I apologize if someone else has realized this and I missed it.

Users who are viewing this thread