Deleting unsubbed Veteran/F2P chars with mail...

Zorch

Evening, y’allz. I’m wanting to clean up some characters because they’re eyesores on my character selection screen, but when I try to delete them it says I can’t because they have mail.

Sweet, unsubbed Veterans and F2P characters can’t use the fucking mailbox, so it’s probably some goofy Blizzard present, like a murloc firework or 1hr VanQueef costume, which I’m way too cool for anyway and would delete even if I did have a subscription.

Okay, whining aside — is there anything I can do or a workaround so I can delete these characters I don’t want? I’d prefer not to launch a GM ticket... not because they can’t be helpful, but the whole “Off in the distance, the clouds part in a loud whoosh, and a miraculous griffin appears! ‘Tis GM Bob, at your service!” is just a little much for me every time I need to ask for a simple in-game favor.

Thoughts? I’ll meet you upstairs at the Lion’s Pride Inn for some “/dance” if there’s a simple fix ;).

Your options are to wait until 30 days have passed since the mail arrived or go the ticket route if you’re not adding game time. I know if you do open a ticket you can either use it as an excuse to cheese 24hrs for free or you can ask them to delete the mail for you.

Your options are to wait until 30 days have passed since the mail arrived or go the ticket route if you’re not adding game time. I know if you do open a ticket you can either use it as an excuse to cheese 24hrs for free or you can ask them to delete the mail for you.
Blah — since there’s no way of knowing what or when additional in-game mail could hit their mailboxes, I guess I’ll be going the GM route.

Would be nice if you could delete characters from your Battle.net account.

The GM way is usually the fastest, just specify in your ticket that you don't want gametime (if you don't want that ofc) and just a deletion of your character mails, and you should be fine

“Off in the distance, the clouds part in a loud whoosh, and a miraculous griffin appears! ‘Tis GM Bob, at your service!” is just a little much for me every time I need to ask for a simple in-game favor.

Echo answers to your question posted already, but also, I would just love an "Off Button" for this barrier to adult to adult communication. It makes me cringe! Latest chapter dropped into my in box today as they fail for the 8th time to RTFI!

When I eventually rate the interaction it will be off the minus end of the scale.

Users who are viewing this thread