Conclusion on whether or not to roll f2p AP

Bracketeer

Legend
Well, i've been talking to a lot of you guys lately, and i've gotten a lot of input on my decision.

I'm starting to realize that the f2p community and 24 community differ a lot and are hardly similar.

F2P Aerie Peak -
A lot of activity
Kind, Helpful people
Skilled players
people you can ask when in doubt about anything.
A lot of players
A ton of hunters (boo)
No guild
No whisper
No AH / BoEs
AGM extremely hard to obtain

P2P 24 -
Less people
Less Activity
Easier to kill people ( sad faced)
Mostly on your own (unless with friends)
More Expensive (in game AND irl)
Looked down upon by 20s (mostly)
Get to be maxed out (no restrictions)

All in all, it seems the community of AP is what keeps the bracket alive. I dislike the restrictions, as i currently pay for wow and wouldnt like playing on a different account. I'd like an active community of 24's to pop up somewhere, or at the very least P2P 20. Being 24 I feel that i'm the outcast of most bg's. If i was to play a 20 character, i would want to have access to a guild, whispers etc.

What i'm thinking about is making a p2p 20, following the rules of f2p style. Thing is, if i was to do that it would need to be on Aggramar server, where there is no community for it. Also, there would be no chance at Real ID queing with Aerie Peak.

Please give me some feedback or suggestions of what i should do...

Summary for people who want to skip the wall of text - Should someone who pays for WoW play f2p Aerie Peak, or would that be pointless. Do you all play AP because you can for free, or..?

you should make a 20 by f2p restrictions, but do it on Vashj instead. We have community, lots of toons across all skill levels, AGM not entirely impossible, and we'll love you for being a p2p 20 with the f2paddon.

i have a p2p 20, there more OP than 24s better stat scaling and the other team wont focus you like they do 24s.

you can whisper people if you were to roll on AP or vashj or somewhere with a community (the addon is amazing isn't it? :D )

Honestly, currently if AP Disbanded RIGHT now. This bracket would still be fine. It definitely didn't make much of a difference a few months ago where everything turned to shit. But we would not be here today if AP didn't start everyone off.

AP has turned around, and it isn't too bad. The Alliance side is getting better.

But anyways. I enjoy have a P2P account. F2P was getting boring, and p2p is a lot more fun.

Users who are viewing this thread