Classic launch April 2019 - possible leak

I'm not sure why people have that impression. This is for the full Blizzcon online pass, which includes the Classic Demo. And it's the same price it is every year.

I havent that impresion.. But ingame stuff isnt so much for me and watching isnt for me valuable, cuz all what i want know will be free on stream or lot of info will be online (forums, fanpages, discord, YT) just few moments after they release anything..

To be honest, especially given that the game is likely out in early to mid 2019...Unless you are buying the pass for Blizzcon anyway, it's not worth it.

Unless it gives you some Feat of Strength or mount or something in regular WoW.

Where was it stated that Classic won't be updated?

OSRS adds content based on community voting. Everybody above a certain level who is also currently a member (ie paying a sub) can vote on updates, and an update needs 75% to pass. I think this is a very very healthy way to progress an old game and so far OSRS has grown and easily outgrown RS3, which is the "current" game like BFA.

What I'm saying is: if blizzard adapts this system, I believe Classic would keep growing and eventually become more popular than whatever current wow is at the time.

Also, I'm very very very surprised to see so much negativity towards classic and people interested in it. After experiencing osrs I expected current wow to be mostly abandoned by the community

Only to be ruined for a second time with xpacks. It’s like a never ending nightmare

So I suggest 'buy to play' model at the very beginning of this thread.

Have a wonderful day!

And that’s why it will bomb if a fee is required.
People won’t pay a monthly subscription for a game that is nearly 15 years old. Sure, a few die hards may. But by and large most will not. Hell, the largest percentage of today’s WoW players didn’t experience Vanillia WoW when it was released. I’d wager they didn’t even play in tBC. Vanilla WoW is merely something they want to play. In reality that will never happen. The Vanilla train left the station nearly a decade and half ago. If you weren’t on it then you missed out. Everything after is just a facsimile. I really hate to inform you all of this. Now, that’s not say it can’t/won’t be fun. It will never be the “same”.
On a side note, Blizzard really should not have announced Vanillia at the 2017 Blizzcon unless it was closer to being finished.

One can’t compare Diablo and WoW. Diablo doesn’t require the amount of ongoing customer services that WoW does, even Vanillia WoW.

/cheers

I love how the r1 arguement against the demo is “you paid 50$ for 6 days” Lmao shut up broke bois.
[doublepost=1538484889,1538484763][/doublepost]
And that’s why it will bomb if a fee is required.
People won’t pay a monthly subscription for a game that is nearly 15 years old. Sure, a few die hards may. But by and large most will not. Hell, the largest percentage of today’s WoW players didn’t experience Vanillia WoW when it was released. I’d wager they didn’t even play in tBC. Vanilla WoW is merely something they want to play. In reality that will never happen. The Vanilla train left the station nearly a decade and half ago. If you weren’t on it then you missed out. Everything after is just a facsimile. I really hate to inform you all of this. Now, that’s not say it can’t/won’t be fun. It will never be the “same”.
On a side note, Blizzard really should not have announced Vanillia at the 2017 Blizzcon unless it was closer to being finished.

One can’t compare Diablo and WoW. Diablo doesn’t require the amount of ongoing customer services that WoW does, even Vanillia WoW.

/cheers
Youre right, why would i still pay for retail when i can pay/play the game from 15 years ago. People would be idiots to stay subbed in bfa lol

To be honest, especially given that the game is likely out in early to mid 2019...Unless you are buying the pass for Blizzcon anyway, it's not worth it.

Unless it gives you some Feat of Strength or mount or something in regular WoW.

I usually buy the pass via gold now just for the in-game items. It really isn’t all that much gold, just a few tokens. I have never watched a single event, ever. That just isn’t my thing. I don’t watch videos about video games. Getting access to the Beta will be icing on the cake.

/cheers

I love how the r1 arguement against the demo is “you paid 50$ for 6 days” Lmao shut up broke bois.
[doublepost=1538484889,1538484763][/doublepost]
Youre right, why would i still pay for retail when i can pay/play the game from 15 years ago. People would be idiots to stay subbed in bfa lol

Haven’t paid for WoW in years my friend. Tokens are great!!
I think my sub is paid up until 5/2020 on my main account since I bought that pirate ship mount with tokens.

/cheers

Haven’t paid for WoW in years my friend. Tokens are great!!
I think my sub is paid up until 5/2020 on my main account since I bought that pirate ship mount with tokens.

/cheers
I usually buy the pass via gold now just for the in-game items. It really isn’t all that much gold, just a few tokens. I have never watched a single event, ever. That just isn’t my thing. I don’t watch videos about video games. Getting access to the Beta will be icing on the cake.

/cheers
Very, very true! :)

Wonderful addition, really. I bought Overwatch with gold, as well as Starcraft Remastered. Also paid for my last server transfer. Save real money, pay with gold.

I havent that impresion.. But ingame stuff isnt so much for me and watching isnt for me valuable, cuz all what i want know will be free on stream or lot of info will be online (forums, fanpages, discord, YT) just few moments after they release anything..

That is part of Blizzard’s marketing ploy.
You, like me, could care less about watching any of the streams. (I simply don’t have time for it)
You, unlike me, don’t collect the ingame items. I collect pets/mounts/toys but just for WoW. Not everyone does this. Some do though.
I presume we are both slightly interested in the Vanillia WoW release, as are quite a few other players.

Blizzard covers a plethora of different people this way.

/cheers
[doublepost=1538486050,1538485642][/doublepost]
Very, very true! :)

Wonderful addition, really. I bought Overwatch with gold, as well as Starcraft Remastered. Also paid for my last server transfer. Save real money, pay with gold.

I haven’t spent a single dime on WoW since tokens were released. And all of my xpacs have been the deluxe versions.
It has been one of the greatest things they introduced into the game. If they had not, I probably would have quit long ago. Since I simply just don’t play enough to justify the expense. I might play one or two nights a week. Maybe 60-90 minutes at a time.

/cheers

Hell, the largest percentage of today’s WoW players didn’t experience Vanillia WoW when it was released. I’d wager they didn’t even play in tBC. Vanilla WoW is merely something they want to play.
I'm totally agree with this part. Retail players are living in a different world. Everyone knows this.

Now, that’s not say it can’t/won’t be fun.
True. There're tons of private servers which people're still playing different expansions. So some people find them still 'fun'. Right?

It will never be the “same”.
And hell yeah, we all know this too. We played in private servers and decided decades ago. We want a Vanilla Server. And we don't want to play RETAIL SHIT.

One can’t compare Diablo and WoW.
Buy to play and in game shop models are not new in MMORPG business. It worked before. It was just an advice. Blizzard will decide for what's the best to keep costumers playing.

I'm totally agree with this part. Retail players are living in a different world. Everyone knows this.

True. There're tons of private servers which people're still playing different expansions. So some people find them still 'fun'. Right?

And hell yeah, we all know this too. We played in private servers and decided decades ago. We want a Vanilla Server. And we don't want to play RETAIL SHIT.

Buy to play and in game shop models are not new in MMORPG business. It worked before. It was just an advice. Blizzard will decide for what's the best to keep costumers playing.

One player’s “shit” is another’s candy. I think pet battle proved that. There is a very large percentage of players that could care less for pet battles. And there are certain players that practically their entire game is centered around pet battles.
Personally, I take the positives of each expansion and find ways to manipulate them to my advantage in order for me to have fun.
For instance, as lowbies we have access to Coren Direbrew. I have been spamming Coren Direbrew on the characters I would like to have the items he drops.

/cheers

I've not got the attack power proc. trinket for my warrior yet after sooo many runs. Please don't remember this to me :)
Everyone got different tastes and we have to respect each others decisions. Classic/vanilla talks were under attack for years. Calling 'shit' other peoples game was my fault. I can accept this.

Users who are viewing this thread