Hands- Gloves of the Fang +15 agi

Belt- Deviate Scale Belt

Pants- Dark Leather Pants +Nethercleft

Boots- Feet of the Lynx +7sta

Ringx2- Meadow Ring of Eluding

trinket- None atm

1h- Sketal Club +Fiery

Oh- Sketal Club +Icy

I have the Icy for attacking hunters basicly, so don't flmae me.

8)

What do you think?

If I could make a suggestion or two- I tried out Icy on several fast weapons (thief’s blade and buzzer blade) and after 10-15 kills, I never saw it proc. You may be better suited throwing a minor speed increase enchant on the boots, and do a 15 Agility/15Agility or a Firey/15 Agility or Lifestealing/15 Agility setup.

Given the 3.1 patch info, you may want to go with stats to chest over the +100hp- I don't believe that one has a level requirement on the PTR, but I'm not sure.

You may also want to look at the Serpent Shrine shoulders for a full agility set for after 3.1.

Scouting Trousers of the Monkey (5/5) are also a viable up from the Dark Leather Pants for survivability (with a BC legpatch, of course); but again past 3.1 they’ll be less effective. Picking up a set of Legging of the Fang (Thanks again for making that post Hero! http://twinkinfo.com/forums/f18/replacing-your-legs-t1395/) would also be in your best interests.

The BoA Swift Hand of Justice trinket is a nice, easy-to-get addition, if you have badges lying around. I found out the hard way that Every Man for Himself shares the same CD as your freedom trinket (unless that’s changed in the last 30 days) so best to save you honor (this is your human rogue, right?).

And, what's in your ranged-slot ATM?

Another consideration would be iron counterweights on each. This will give you 40 haste rating which is about 20% at 19. A nice dps boost but you lose the armor/dodge over agility, or heals with LS.

what is your goal?

imo you have to decide between a "normal" setup or a proc setup. and if you go for procs, do it right.

are we talkin about atwink? the human rogue?

i'll think about a human proc/normal setup for 5min and post what my head tells me.

There are so many answers to this IMO, it is all situational. I'll post my rough opinion on this though.

Balance Set

Head- Green Tinted Goggles +8 agi / Fishing Hat +8 agi

Neck- Sentinel's Medallion

Shoulders- BOA w/ Zg enchant /Serpent's Shoulders

Cloak- Glowing Lizard Scale Cloak +3 agi/ Sentry Cloak +3agi

Chest- Blackened Defais Armor +100hp

Wrists- Forest Leather Bracers +9 sta

Hands- Scouting Gloves of the Monkey 4/4 +15 agi

Belt- Deviate Scale Belt

Pants- Scouting Trousers/Rigid Trousers of the Monkey 5/5 +Nethercleft

Boots- Feet of the Lynx/Footpads of the Fang +Minor Speed/ Fishing Boots +Boars Speed

Ringx2- Seal of Wrynn/Protectors Band

trinket- AGM / Swift Hand of Justice / PvP Trinket (Non-human)

MH- Shadowfang / Butcher's Slicer / Cruel Barb +LS/15 agi

OH- Thief's Blade / Sentinel's(Scouts) Dagger / Assassin's Blade +15 agi

For trinkets, I'd say AGMx2 or AGM/Swift Hand of Justice.

I prefer Sentry Cloak over the Glowing Lizard Scale, but it's up to you.

I agree with the +4stats but I wouldn't do it until the patch comes out. If you got a Tunic of Westfall put +4stats on it and use that.

Grab a pair of Leggings of the Fang for 3.1, if leg armor nerf goes live. (I hope it does)

I would use Seal of Wrynn/Protector's Band.

For weapons I use dual Cruel Barb's and have for years, and probably never will change it up. I really never had Icy Weapon before so I can't say anything about that. I use 15Agi/15Agi now, but prebc I used dual Fiery until I could afford a 15Agi then went Fiery/15Agi. I really think Fiery could make a comeback if all the nerfs go live. I never did like Lifestealing, tried it on both my rogues and never use it.

Lastly work on fishing gear.

So what it really comes down to is your playstyle and the what you want to do. What I listed is merely my opinion and my gear choices. You should just read over everyone's suggestions and if you feel like switching up gear then do it. Then you can decide for yourself which you feel suits you better.

ok, we are talking prepatch.

proc setup:

fishing hat - haste

wsg neck

BoA - shadowcraft spaulders

sentry - agi

armor of the fang - 100HP (1/3)

3/3 monkey bracers - stam

red whelps - haste

fang belt (2/3)

5/5 monkey legs - 40/12

footpads - minor speed (3/3 -> expertise bonus)

seal of wrynn - protectors

AGM - swift hand

2xskeletal/lifestealing or stinging viper/fiery + skeletal/fiery (if shadowfang is possible, use it as MH in every case)

BoA - bone bow

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=fZG0V and get used to SnD

normal setup:

fishing hat - agi

wsg neck

sentry - agi

blackened defias - 100HP / westfall - 4stats

fang gloves - agi (1/3)

fang belt (2/3)

5/5 monkey legs - 40/12

AGM - swift hand

MH cruel barb/butcher - lifestealing (if shadowfang is possible, use it as MH in every case)

OH - cruel barb - agi (maybe trash blade is superior...not sure)

BoA - bone bow

Bansil said:
ok, we are talking prepatch.

proc setup:

fishing hat - haste

wsg neck

sentry - agi

armor of the fang - 100HP (1/3)

red whelps - haste

fang belt (2/3)

5/5 monkey legs - 40/12

AGM - swift hand

2xskeletal/lifestealing or stinging viper/fiery + skeletal/fiery (if shadowfang is possible, use it as MH in every case)

BoA - bone bow

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=fZG0V and get used to SnD

A haste set, hu? Interesting. Do you have real-world (forgive the pun) experience with it? Time was that just mentioning a haste twink spec would get you flamed, but I like the idea. ANd it gives me another set to build, which is always fun!

Also, I see more and more of the Bone Bow posted in these tips- it that better than the Thick Bronze Darts (+2 Str) or the Throat Piercers (+2 agility)?

Equip: Improves hit rating by 1.

Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 1.

Equip: Increases attack power by 5.

are the stats off the bone bow at 19.

bone bow -> besides anything else it has +hit. 0,47%. if not using throatpiercers to interrupt bandaging, this one is best in slot.

and no, that is not a haste set. it is a proc set. using dual proc weap/ench/gloves.

to get enough procs to make it powerful you need to stack haste and make use of SnD.

using a viper in MH is maxing out SS dmg, but the proc will prevent you from gouge. so stinging is only good for an all out dmg build -> fiery.

skeletal is like shadowfang...almost. it lacks dps and topend, but the proc is your better choice. lifestealing will bring a 60HP difference between you and your opponent, so i would suggest to use dual skeletal/lifestealing.

red whelps add another procc and yes, with just a little more armor on your opponent it will grant the same dps as fang gloves (even without haste + SnD).

using a trash blade OH is another option. it will grant you an additional hit with your MH...maybe the best choice.

Bansil said:
bone bow -> besides anything else it has +hit. 0,47%. if not using throatpiercers to interrupt bandaging, this one is best in slot.

and no, that is not a haste set. it is a proc set. using dual proc weap/ench/gloves.

to get enough procs to make it powerful you need to stack haste and make use of SnD.

using a viper in MH is maxing out SS dmg, but the proc will prevent you from gouge. so stinging is only good for an all out dmg build -> fiery.

skeletal is like shadowfang...almost. it lacks dps and topend, but the proc is your better choice. lifestealing will bring a 60HP difference between you and your opponent, so i would suggest to use dual skeletal/lifestealing.

red whelps add another procc and yes, with just a little more armor on your opponent it will grant the same dps as fang gloves (even without haste + SnD).

using a trash blade OH is another option. it will grant you an additional hit with your MH...maybe the best choice.

heh- thanks for the clarification- some really good info here!

Thief's blade + Cruel barb with Agil/Lifesteal. skeletal clubs are shite IMO

@ Bansil

This isn't Atwink's setup. This is a friends of mine, at school.

Ramune said:
Thief's blade + Cruel barb with Agil/Lifesteal. skeletal clubs are shite IMO

the clubs are only used in a proc setup...

besides this everything but the shadowfang is shite. for both setups.

dont waste your time on icy, if you are going to do fiery, at least make it fiery fiery.

Otherwise go with cookie cutter 15s, or LS/15.

Icy never procs, never.

Users who are viewing this thread