CC Mage - no BoA

rivalwild

Legend
Just wondering what might be some plausible gear schemes for a CC mage with no BoAs (I'm working towards them)

Here's my gear Drukq @ Azgalor - Game - World of Warcraft

I have planned Lucky Fishing Hat, Furbolg Med Pouch + Nightwatch Sword

Would really help if there was a decent 19 mage guide

for pure cc i would get the furby puch and the 4 stam sword or something.

also +5 all resistances to cape

and where do you get hovel digger bands :p

WAND: Imo I would swap out your wand for [item]Cookie's Stirring Rod[/item]

BRACERS: [item]Mindthrust Bracers[/item] Will give you more base stats - Can be hard to get hold of but its worth it :)

CHEST: [item]Anacondra's Robe[/item] Has far better dmg than your current and survivability should never be a problem, If it is however id say swap to [item]Anacondra's Robe[/item] once you have your LFH

BELT: [item]Enumerated Wrap[/item]..Of the sun (+5 Critical Strike Rating, +5 Stamina, +5 Intellect)

RING: [item]Lavishly Jeweled Ring[/item] Replaces the hit you lost from switching bracers :)

Hope this helps you out a bit ;D

U n ø said:
WAND: Imo I would swap out your wand for [item]Cookie's Stirring Rod[/item]

BRACERS: [item]Mindthrust Bracers[/item] Will give you more base stats - Can be hard to get hold of but its worth it :)

CHEST: [item]Anacondra's Robe[/item] Has far better dmg than your current and survivability should never be a problem, If it is however id say swap to [item]Anacondra's Robe[/item] once you have your LFH

BELT: [item]Enumerated Wrap[/item]..Of the sun (+5 Critical Strike Rating, +5 Stamina, +5 Intellect)

RING: [item]Lavishly Jeweled Ring[/item] Replaces the hit you lost from switching bracers :)

Hope this helps you out a bit ;D

do u even know what the point of a cc mage is?

now for gear get +4 stam "of stamina" green bracers also the 5 stam shoulders mabe by tailors start farming firebelcher 3stam 3int wand from rare spawn in wc, get the stam cloak and should have a pretty nice cc mage. for this you will have to use hit pots, ultimately you will get the 3.5k honor needed for boa staff just by playing games so if you grab that then you can use the spidersilk drapes to get hit capped. same goes for shoulders 2k honor.

edit: o and speed increase is so important even as a cc mage to keep up with your fc and not be run down by all those fail hunters.

Startruck @ Trollbane - Game - World of Warcraft

As you previously stated; Nightwatch Sword and pouch.

I stack stamina very HIGLY. Since I mostly play alone(read;without a pocket healer) and in my experience in this bursty bracket it's the way to go. I am collecting spell dmg/crit gear, and I've tried switching some of my pieces out for those, but as a high CC mage I mainly aim for survivability and maximum CC and let others worry about the nuking.

Uno, I think you meant [item]Robes of Arugal[/item] for one of those Anacondra's Robe.

OP: A faction transfer could net you a second Argas ring which would be awesome to have -- nothing really stands up to the Argas ring in terms of stats. However, a LJR could bring you up to spell hit cap which is pretty crucial if you want reliable CC. I haven't seen a gear setup that allows you to get more than roughly 15% crit; I'd go with a [item]Twisted Chanter's Staff[/item] personally.

WITH heirlooms, you can get upwards of 20% crit. (though i haven't built a full crit set yet, not really feeling it tbh), Célé from EU told me that he was able to attain... i recall, 21% crit, in his frost spec & full gear. this is possible largely due to the fact that intellect contibutes spell crit chance, as well as SP & mana. on an off note, this also made +22 int enchant alot more viable in nearly any situation. (i am going to get 2x [ITEM]Dignified Headmaster's Charge[/ITEM], one with 30 sp, and one with 22 int and see what fares better. i have up untill recently been playing with 30 sp on staff, since the 8 SP could actually be felt on those arcane barrage's.. but as i got better at playing my class (lol @ being humble :S) i found, that i ran out of mana pretty fast.. (*cough* 1.5k mana *cough*)

[item]Shoulderwraps of Honor[/item] would be the best nonBOA stam shoulders.

[item]Firebelcher[/item] Definitely worth it if you're willing to farm.

[item]Greenweave Bracers[/item] / [item]Shimmering Bracers[/item] 'of Stamina' (+4).

Nightwatch / Furbolg, as you mentioned.

Other than some minor changes, looks like you have the right idea. Good start!

Edit: [item]Buccaneer's Bracers[/item] / [item]Pagan Bands[/item] also have a chance to be +4 stam.

Very close all but still missing a few.

Stat priority: Hit Cap > Stam=/=Resist > Haste > Int/Crit > All

Head - Two options here:

Lucky Fishing Hat - 15 Stam

Keeshan's Bandana - 18 Arcane Resist, 18 Fire Resist

I would list all of the reasons why these two resists are so useful but it would take a couple hours too list them all. Some of the main ones are Explosive/Arcane Shot + Arcane Barrage/Missiles + Starfire/Moonfire and others.

Shoulders - Shoulderwraps of Honor

Cloak - Three options here:

Firebane Cloak - Trade off - 3 Stam -► 5 Fire Resist

Tumultuous Cloak of Stamina/Sorcerer* (Depends on personal preference, Trade off is 4 Stam -► 4 Int, 4 Haste)

Belt - Enumerated Wrap of Stamina/Sorcerer* (Depends on personal preference, Trade off is 5 Stam -► 5 Int, 5 Haste.

* - Personally I would not trade 9 Stam for 9 Haste but it is still an option

Legs - Grandfathered Gear if you have it - Sacred Burial Trousers>Pious Legwraps or Godfrey's Britches (Could argue with a CC Mage's damage actually doing something now that the 5 Int and Crit could be viable for a tad bit more damage output, but again - Depends on play style)

Wand - Grandfathered Gear if you have it - Gravestone Scepter (Nothing better then to have a fear resisted in a clutch point in a match) If not then Firebeltcher is your best bet giving an awesome 3 Stam/3 Int combo.

The Important Gear

I cannot stress this enough:

Hit Cap.

The way to do this by maximizing Stamina as a priority stat is as follows:

Hovel Digger Bands:

2 Stamina

2 Intellect

2 Hit Rating

Keeshan's Dagger:

3 Stamina

3 Agility

3 Hit Rating

Ello's Band:

3 Agility

5 Stamina

3 Hit Rating

This will leave you at 8 Hit Rating (4.73%) which is One over being Capped (7 Hit for Spells)

The rest of the gear I will list as there really isn't anything that comes close nor needs explaining (I do it anyway):

Thick Bronze Necklace - (MAYBE VAM if you want to be picky)

Mystic's Robes - (100HP and you have the highest HP chest in the 19 Bracket)

Serpent Gloves - (2 armor difference from Gold-Flecked Gloves, Wonder what they will change too when they get grandfathered in Wow Xpac7)

Spidersilk Boots - (Best Stam boots)

Seal of Argas - (Best Stam ring besides the Grandfathered SoS and Ello's)

Arena Grand Master - (its ok I guess)

Insignia - (Needed. Switch with Recomb/AGM when on Cool down)

Furbolg Medicine Pouch - (Best Stam Off-Hand)

Rich Purple Shirt - (Best shirt. World.)

Enjoy.

Hoodem said:
Wouldn't you use [item]Dawnblade[/item] and medicine pouch?

[item]Wind Rider Wand[/item], if you're low on hit.

Both of those are Horde only items. Assuming rivalwild isn't doing a faction change, all the options have been given for Alliance.

Hoodem said:
Wouldn't you use [item]Dawnblade[/item] and medicine pouch?

[item]Wind Rider Wand[/item], if you're low on hit.

If you were in a Premade and allowed to use Hit Potions, maybe.

I cannot stress this enough:

Hit Cap.

Users who are viewing this thread