Caster Prep for prepatch

Skirms n beejs this Tues! Anything to do now to prepare? I haven't seen a new google doc with enchant scaling changes. Do any profs besides Engy have combat benefits? Alchemy still?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Prepare for prepatch

Skirms on the PTR are barely popping (lack of people on the PTR interested I think), but I also don't expect us 29s to have much fun. We'll get put into arenas with a lot of 20s that don't scale, and a lot of them will flat out leave before the game even starts. BGs might be a different story, though no one is playing those on the PTR atm either. We tried to get some wargames to happen cuz you can force pops without having a whole team, but F2Ps quickly got frustrated with getting dominated by 29s (even with scaling).

There's no new google doc because it's about 10x more work to determine the scaling of each enchant right now due to individual level scaling. That, and the fact that some enchant appear to have been overlooked at this point, and might change later on again.

Your own opinions/observations then - which caster chants that are currently BIS will likely need to be changed Tuesday? Mixology still giving a low level flask? I haven't upped my account yet, but will today if I have things to work on.

Well see, that's the issue. They didn't just go through and address every enchant at once, scaling them all down at the same time. They did it in several different updates. There are still some outliers (elemental force, Soulfrost, Sunfire, Landslide, Crusader, ect, ect) that don't scale down currently on the PTR (at least not down as far as most others). There's still time for a quick fix to address the leftovers and get them in line with all the other enchants. However, 6.0 might launch with things as is, which means that things are going to be up in the air with a few very powerful enchants.

On top of that, because they removed base damage/healing on everything, and significantly increased the amount of HP each point of stamina gives, which enchants you choose will become vastly more important. If you stack a bunch of throughput stats, you have little to no hp. If you stack a bunch of stamina, you do little to no damage. Otherwise, a lot of enchants are down scaling pretty far and not really giving much of a difference in stats.

Your own opinions/observations then - which caster chants that are currently BIS will likely need to be changed Tuesday? Mixology still giving a low level flask? I haven't upped my account yet, but will today if I have things to work on.

Mixology doesn't exist anymore. However, if you are a tank, elixir of minor defense is still currently giving +50 bonus armor. That's +50 AP (big deal after the squish) and roughly %6 physical mitigation (tested a on brewmaster).

A enchant that will probably fly under the radar is shadow armor. Since major armor (used to be +90 armor) got nerfed down to +5 armor, shadow armor is the replacement @ 2 agil 6 armor. At least until you can get your hands on the new WOD cloak enchants.

You should also prepare AB deflier's boots + boar's speed. The speed buffs have been increased to 10% (from 8) and they STACK. 140% speed in stealth as a rogue is veeeeeeeeery nice especially considering how big AV is.

edit; Oh as for caster chants, it's as willix says. Pretty much shadowfrost, sunfire & elemental force are currently superior. Healing power +16 sp might still be useful too. Major spellpower to gloves is also now superior to healing power to gloves by 1 sp.

JC is kinda the only other proff that will give you a benefit through THIS
It works on the beta atleast...

Mixology doesn't exist anymore. However, if you are a tank, elixir of minor defense is still currently giving +50 bonus armor. That's +50 AP (big deal after the squish) and roughly %6 physical mitigation (tested a on brewmaster).
Does the Alchemy flask still exist? The only info I've found so far describes a level 95 trying to use it and getting "Target too high level". Does it still work for lower level chars?

Does the Alchemy flask still exist? The only info I've found so far describes a level 95 trying to use it and getting "Target too high level". Does it still work for lower level chars?

Yeah not sure since that flask requires 300 alchemy which currently can only be trained at lvl 35.

Is Heavy Knothide Armor Kit BIS at 5 Stam to BOA chest? Is Healing Power/Fortitude SP/Stam BIS at 8/9 respectively?

Is Heavy Knothide Armor Kit BIS at 5 Stam to BOA chest? Is Healing Power/Fortitude SP/Stam BIS at 8/9 respectively?

Peerless stats is giving +7 all on beta. Yes I checked the actual values on the character sheet by removing & re-equipping the chest.

I said above that major spell power http://www.wowhead.com/item=28272 is now +1 higher than healing power for gloves. @lvl 28 it's 8>7.

Nothing changes for bracers that I know of....+6 stam (major stam) and +8 sp (healing power) are still the best

Thx for the heads up on Peerless! Tree-specific glove enchants are unchanged? If so I'm sticking with 20 Frost Power. According to the WoWhead WOD preview, Fortitude to Bracer will be 9 Stam at 29. Now I just need to figure out Shoulders/Legs/Cloak.

Right, I should add that heavy glove re-enforcements are +12 stam. That's huge in WOD.

Frost and shadow power to gloves are still giving +20 but not sure it'll stay that way....fire power is +10. Very odd that they change one but not the other 2.

I guess cloak depends on WOD cloak chants scaling down. Those "Gift of X" come with a stat and a move speed bonus.

Other than that, 12 PvP power. But is pvp power any good?

I don't think fort bracer is +9. I remember checking it and being disappointed a while ago. I'll copy another one over and check.

Fort to boots is +5, I'm 99% sure fort to bracer is also +5.

edit; pvp power becomes +6 @28. It's probably a good place holder until you can get the WOD chants with +10% speed to stack with ab boots & boar's speed for +30% speed.

I don't think fort bracer is +9. I remember checking it and being disappointed a while ago. I'll copy another one over and check.

Fort to boots is +5, I'm 99% sure fort to bracer is also +5.

edit; pvp power becomes +6 @28. It's probably a good place holder until you can get the WOD chants with +10% speed to stack with ab boots & boar's speed for +30% speed.
What are these WoD cloak enchants everyone is talking about?

I'll give you and idea of the scaling for multistrike (there's a beta vendor who sells the enchant scrolls for free) on my lvl 28 spriest. Spriests get baseline 5% multistrike now too.

Rings = 8 = 2.48 %
neck = 10 = 3.1 %
cloak = 25 = 7.74%

All 4 enchants + 5% baseline as spriest = 20.79 % MS. It's pretty awesome imo, big burst damage.

I guess cloak depends on WOD cloak chants scaling down. Those "Gift of X" come with a stat and a move speed bonus.

Other than that, 12 PvP power. But is pvp power any good?

I'm 99% sure they are not going to scale down WoD enchants to be useable below level 90/ilvl 600. They've already gone through and made all current enchants unuseable on gear above ilvl 600, segregated the enchanting recipies (and other professions old recipies) within their spellbook, and all WoD enchants are going on different slots than normal (except for cloak and weapon).

Also, pvp power is shit on the PTR.

I'm 99% sure they are not going to scale down WoD enchants to be useable below level 90/ilvl 600. They've already gone through and made all current enchants unuseable on gear above ilvl 600, segregated the enchanting recipies (and other professions old recipies) within their spellbook, and all WoD enchants are going on different slots than normal (except for cloak and weapon).

Also, pvp power is shit on the PTR.

I'm 99% certain that the new WOD enchants will be available for twinks. The entire point of enchants scaling by level is so that they can used at low levels. That's exactly why the WOD scrolls on beta scale down to my twink's level. And exactly why. 2 days before the patch, the scrolls have no ilvl requirement.

The only reason all current enchants are unusable above ilvl 600 is because the only enchantable slots for endgame WOD are rings / neck and cloak. This was just part of WOD's simplification of gameplay and to make enchanting on par with the other watered down professions. Ring / neck & cloak enchants aren't some special enchanting only bonus....anyone can use and make those enchants, regardless of whether they have enchanting or not (garrison buildings).

Users who are viewing this thread