PTR Brutal Gladiator gear has extra hidden vers on the PTR?

While evaluating gear on my 79-soon-to-be-29 shaman, I ran into numbers that didn't add up. Through a process of elimination of various causes, I determined the following from my Brutal Gladiator (level 70 PvP) gear:

0 vers unaccounted for in head
4 vers unaccounted for in shoulders
6 vers unaccounted for in chest
2 vers unaccounted for in hands
7 vers unaccounted for in legs

Would someone test their set on the PTR and see if they find the same thing? While I don't think the extra vers (if that's really a thing) hidden in 4 of the 5 pieces of Brutal Gladiator gear is enough to make it desirable for shamans, I'm interested to know if others (including other armor classes) see the same thing.

While evaluating gear on my 79-soon-to-be-29 shaman, I ran into numbers that didn't add up. Through a process of elimination of various causes, I determined the following from my Brutal Gladiator (level 70 PvP) gear:

0 vers unaccounted for in head
4 vers unaccounted for in shoulders
6 vers unaccounted for in chest
2 vers unaccounted for in hands
7 vers unaccounted for in legs

Would someone test their set on the PTR and see if they find the same thing? While I don't think the extra vers (if that's really a thing) hidden in 4 of the 5 pieces of Brutal Gladiator gear is enough to make it desirable for shamans, I'm interested to know if others (including other armor classes) see the same thing.
It’s like this currently on live as well, pieces that had high spirit or high resilience have a bit of extra vers not shown by the tooltip on the gear. Some addons can and do track this for you like pawn for example. But it makes for some really interesting gearing for some classes.

For example on live the shoulders my warlock have show like 7 haste and 8 vers. But when compared to another pair of shoulders you can see that in fact they have 21 vers.

Hope this helps

Is it possible that different classes/ specs scale differently with Vers, like they do Mastery?

Good question. As I understand it, class scaling works within the allotted stat, rather than on the allotted stat. In other words, a shaman and a warlock may both show 20 mastery, and how that 20 mastery affects the shaman may work differently than how that 20 mastery affects the warlock. But for both classes, 20 mastery will still show on their stats. I've never seen a case where a class got different stats from gear, with the one exception of the armor class bonus to the primary stat for wearing all of the expected armor type e.g. shamans get 5% more int from wearing all mail.

BFA retail now, some of the BC brut glad pieces have extra or hidden vers not matching what is shown. not sure if this occurred around or prior to legion when spirit was converted to vers, and still in game resilience was also converted to versa

when certain PVP items have same sockets equal to PVE gear it's good. but alot of PVP pieces are lacking in sockets

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread